ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 35: ᴏʟᴅ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ, ɴᴇᴡ ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ

Author's Notes: Sorry it took so long for me to update again. I got a little busy this last week, but I'm back now! The chapter you are about to read is going to set the stage for the next adventure in Moira's story. :D

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________

"As times change, people change."

A friend from a past life makes an appearance in Moira's new one.

Word Count Warning: 5.8k

______________________________________________________________

I was in some deep trouble. After Obi-Wan and Master Plo found out about my little... adventure, they decided to call an emergency Council meeting. Since it obviously couldn't wait till the morning.

Before we arrived in the Chambers, Master Plo pulled me aside to speak with me.

"Padawan." he said sternly.

"This is a very serious matter you have gotten yourself into. I hope you realize the severity of what you have done. And the consequences you may face as a result of it." I looked at the ground meekly. I just stood there, ready to take it. He was gonna tell me he was ashamed of me, and that I am a disappointment. I must have started projecting, because I suddenly felt strong arms wrap around me, and pull me into a tight hug.

It was Master Plo.

"I'm not mad, or disappointed, Moira." he whispered into my ear. My eyes widened in surprise. After a minute or so, I slowly pulled away.

"Then why did you...." My voice trailing off.

"I wanted to warn you. Because in the eyes of the Council, this is a very serious situation. Though I may be your Master, I myself am not above the decisions of the Council." I looked at him in confusion, not sure what to take from that statement.

"I did not agree with the idea to keep you Temple bound for so long, but the majority of the Council did. Though I may be a member, when it comes to your situation, I have found myself to have opinions that many on the Council do not agree with." he explained.

"I'm not upset with you leaving. While I do not agree with you going out without telling me, I understand why you did it. I also know that through following your instincts, you were able to use your training and save a life. And I am very proud of you because of that." he gave my shoulders a tight squeeze, before looking at me seriously.

"But many on the Council will not view it that way. I will do what I can. But whatever may happen in there, I want you to know that not everyone in there agrees with the majority." he sighed, before we made our way to the elevator.

"I'm proud of you, don't forget it. When we are in there Moira, I want you to remember this one word because there may come a time in there where I need you to do this."

"What Master?" I inquired.

"Trust."

My eyebrows contorted in confusion.

Trust? Trust what? Before I could ask Master Plo what he meant, the elevator opened up, as we entered the Chambers.

When the doors opened, I was surprised to see a familiar face standing at the center of the room.

Nick.

Before I could question him for being here, the Council jumped into action. Interrogating each of us as to last night's events. They started with Nick first. Asking him about everything from our departure to our return to the Temple. Nick explained that we had only gone to the Festival for a few hours, and had returned minutes before curfew. When they asked him about my participation in the event, he claimed to have been the one to encourage me to sneak out, and that my presence at the Festival was entirely his doing. I appreciated the attempt, but I couldn't let my friend take the fall for something that I did willingly.