ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23: ᴅᴇʙʀɪᴇꜰ

"Some chapters do end in success."

Moira's superiors have some thoughts to share.

______________________________________________________________

Shouts were coming from all the hallways as the gunships landed in the hangar. I was relieved that the plan had worked out. After a few moments, I felt the ship jump into hyperspace.

I stayed in my room though. Not wanting to deal with Wolffe at the moment, so I closed my eyes to meditate, A few minutes later my comm beeped.

"This is Emily." I said, standing up as I answered it.

"Commander, you are being summoned to the Bridge for a debriefing." A clone trooper said.

"I'll be right there." I said, clicking the comm off as I made my way to the Bridge.

Obi-Wan was on the holo-projector as Wolffe and the Admiral talked with him. He looked towards me when I entered the frame.

"Ahh Padawan Stone," he said with a smile. "I was just talking to the Admiral. I wanted to discuss this strategy of his, but he says it was yours. Is this true?" he asked, raising an eyebrow in my direction. I felt my anxiety swirl slightly.

"Yes Master Kenobi, it was." I said, directing my eyes towards the floor. Bracing myself for the scolding that I was sure would follow. He was probably going to lecture me on my plan, and point out every possible flaw.

"I must say..." he said, looking at me intensely. I squeezed my eyes shut.

Here it comes...

"That was quite a brilliant plan of yours."

I looked up at him confused. I couldn't hide the disbelief.

"Say what now?"

Obi-Wan smiled at me. "You're plan. To turn the ship in reverse like that to use the rear shields. I would have never thought of something like that. The rear shields on our cruisers are designed to be stronger to protect our engines and hyper drive. That was a smart move. And then using probes to see  where to focus your fire. It was simply brilliant!" he said, looking at me pleased.

"I will also be noting your strategy to the Council. I am sure they will be most pleased by it. It can be used in many areas and it can be evolved to meet different mission needs. Well done Padawan, I am sure your Master will be very proud of you once he hears about this." he said with a smile. I bowed respectfully, trying to keep my excitement under control.

"Thank you, Master Kenobi."

"I wish you and the 104th Battalion well. Great Work Emily, and May the Force be with you." he said, ending the transmission.

The Admiral turned to me, smiling. "When I first heard that General Plo was taking on a Padawan, I must say I was hesitant." he paused, looking at me.

"But after what I have witnessed today, I no longer have such an opinion. You did well. I will be noting it in my report to the General." he said, turning around.

"I look forward to working alongside you in the future, Commander Stone." he said, walking out of the Bridge. Leaving me alone with Wolffe.

He was gripping the holo-table tightly, with such Force, that I'm surprised it hadn't snapped yet.

"You." he snarled towards me.

"You got lucky this time brat, don't think this changes anything! Watch your back." he huffed, stomping off the Bridge to mop. I knew I shouldn't have, but I felt a slight sting from his words.

Despite my plan working, it had done nothing to change Wolffe's opinion of me. I doubted he would ever trust me. I sighed, my shoulders drooping in slight resignation. As I made my way through the halls.

"There she is!" Boost yelled at me, causing me to turn towards him. He wasn't alone. There standing in front of me was Boost, Comet and Sinker.

"The pride of the Wolf Pack!" he exclaimed, bouncing up and down. I chuckled at his behavior.

It reminded me of her.

"Oh stop it." I said, shrugging off his words like they didn't make my heart leap for joy

"Are you kidding me! You managed to come up with a strategy, on your first Command, that no one had ever used before, on the spot, and hold your ground against a rampaging beast! You did awesome!" he exclaimed

I tilted my head at his words. "Rampaging Beast?"

"He means Wolffe. He shouldn't treat you like that. Especially after you saved our lives." Sinker mumbled, clearly upset by the news.

"I saved you?" I asked confused, raising my brow at him.

"Yah." Comet said. "If it wasn't for your strategy, those ships would have shot us down. You saved our battalion." he explained, as I looked at him stunned. After a few more minutes of talking, Comet and Boost decided to head to the mess to get some food. Leaving me and Sinker alone in the hallway.

After a few moments, Sinker became tense, before he started to stomp down the halls. His eyes were livid.

Sinker looked angry. I knew why. I put my hands on his chest, stopping him in his pursuit.

"He shouldn't have done that."  he mumbled to himself, grinding his teeth.

"You're right, he shouldn't have, but going after him is only going to make things worse." I said, trying to talk him down.

"But kid, don't you want him to pay?" he asked.

I shook my head. "No. Jedi do not seek revenge. Besides, it would only make the situation worse. You gotta pick your battles." I said with a shrug. He looked at me astonished, before smiling.

"Yah, I guess you're right. Anyway, I heard you were quite the Commander. Great Job kid!" he said, giving me his signature half lipped smirk.

I smiled at him gently. "Oh, I nearly forgot the General wanted to see you in the hanger when you get the chance. I suggest you go there now." he said, giving me a playful push as I smirked back at him, nodding before sprinting down the halls to the hanger. I saw Master Plo standing there, with his claws clasped behind his back and he turned to face me. His usual expression lifting at the sight of me.

"Emily." He said, taking a step closer to me. "Master Kenobi and the Admiral have spoken to me. They said you performed with flying colors today. I must say though, I never expected to board a ship, flying in reverse towards three Separatist ships." he chuckled, the humor clear in his deep voice.

"Yah," I said, smiling to myself. "It was an experience for sure."

Master Plo was radiating with pride. I could feel him sending me waves of approval through our bond.

"I am very proud of you, My Padawan." he said, pressing a fist against his open palm as he bowed to me.

I copied his motion.

"Thank you, Master." I said, as the two of us then stood side by side, looking out at the stars.

Author's note: I had a lot of fun writing this One. I also loved the Moira finally called Master Plo, Master. Which she has NEVER done. That was a title she reserved for Master Di, but now she called Master Plo it! What could be next?