ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12: ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇxᴛ ꜱᴛᴇᴘ

"No matter how much we fight it, time waits for no one."

Moira's path begins to take shape.

______________________________________________________________

I continued to pace my room. It had been two days since I had met with Master Plo. I hadn't been allowed to leave my room. I couldn't even go into my common room. The Temple Guards brought meals to me throughout the day. I had tried to open the door from the inside, but found it was locked. Not only that, but there were always two Temple Guards standing at my door. This was going to make my next escape attempt even harder!

But, I had to build up their trust. If I appeared compliant for a period of time, eventually the Council would lower their guard and I would be able to walk around freely, and get my lightsaber back!

During the time I wasn't meditating, I was fantasizing. Seeing myself out in the wilderness, free from all this craziness, not tied down, but free. Without a care in the world. Oh how I craved for it to become my reality.

I was also thinking about my previous conversation with Master Plo. Thinking about the hologram of my master, begging me to take the role. I didn't want to let him down. A part of me felt a slight guilt form, wondering how he would have reacted if he was here and heard what I had done. I shook myself slightly, trying to get rid of that feeling. No. If my Master was here, he would have allowed me to make the choice. He would be helping me get out of the Temple, and allow me the freedom to choose my own path. Right?

I was cut off by the familiar sound of knocking, as the door slid open. Sure enough, it was a Temple Guard.

"Let's go." he said simply, turning to leave.

I followed after him. My escort took their usual formation as we walked down the halls.

The Temple Guards escorted me to another empty part of the Temple. When we reached the doors to the room, the Guards stopped, one of them turning towards me. In the palm of his hand was a worn, burgundy cloth. He placed it in the palm of my hand, looking at me expectantly. But it was hard to tell with the whole mask thing.

"Put this on. Over your eyes."

I looked at him confused.

"Why?"

He took a step closer to me, I had to look up to lock eyes with the mask, where I think the eyes would be at.

"Put it on, now. Master Yoda's orders." he said sternly.

Sighing to myself, I decided not to fight him on it. This time. I took the thick burgundy fabric  and wrapped it around my head to cover my eyes, before tying it at the back.

The mask obscured my vision. I felt rather vulnerable. I stood still for a few more moments before I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. I flinched away instantly. I hate it when people touch me, with the exception of Ahsoka.

"Don't touch me." I barked out. I heard an irritated huff, followed by a faint, 'walk forward.'

I started walking, reaching out to the Force to get a better sense of my surroundings. I could feel the Force Signatures of the Guards around me. Empty with a slight trace of annoyance. But that's to be expected. When I felt myself enter the room, the Guards stopped at the door. I heard some faint shuffling followed by a faint 'click.'

Great, they locked me in here. Just as I was about to remove the cloth, a sudden presence filled my senses. I snapped my head towards the center of the room, feeling a familiar figure. After studying the Force Signature for a moment I realized who it was. "Master Yoda." I said bowing in his direction. A light chuckle reached my ears.