ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 45: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ'ꜱ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴘᴏɪꜱᴏɴ

Author's Notes: Sorry this took so long! I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if I should continue.

-XOXO StormBreeze99

'Helpful or hurtful? I can't decide.'

Moira learns that the damage has been done.

______________________________________________________________

It's funny. Most reunions are met with cheers and pleasant greetings. Loved ones embrace each other sometimes for the first time in years. But for me, it felt like it had been a lifetime. But there were no hugs, no smiles, or tears of joy. Only the pained stare of my sister's broken form.

"I can't believe it." Ahsoka finally said, staring at me like she was in a dream.

"Is it really you, Moira?" she asked hesitantly, taking a step closer so we were mere inches apart. I only managed a nod, wiping away my tears of relief. She wasn't mad. 

She slowly reached out her hand towards me. I started to do the same.  Moments later my head whipped to the side as a loud slap echoed through the hanger. I registered a painful sting coming from my left cheek. Ahsoka glared at me with a furious look in her eye. Before I knew it another slap hit my face, forcing me back a couple of steps. The force of the next one was so strong that I was forced to the ground, staring up at Ahsoka in disbelief.

"You lied to me." she stated plainly. I shook my head profusely.

"I never lied to you... I just didn't tell you the full truth." I lamely provided. Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"I had to Ahsoka! The Council wouldn't let me tell you, and you were in danger!" I tried to explain.

"You always were good at keeping secrets. Even better than I gave you credit for. The fact that you were able to keep up this act this whole time is astonishing." she proclaimed in fake admiration. I slowly got to my feet, keeping myself low in case I would need to dodge a slap from her. But no defense could protect me from the pain her words sent me.

"It wasn't an act," I murmured quietly.

"There you go again. Acting like you're the true victim of this! Acting like it was someone else's fault and you were forced to follow along?" she shook her head in denial.

"I know you, Moira. You're smarter than that! At any time you could have told me, you could have even just whispered it in my ear and I wouldn't have told a soul! Because at least then-"

Ahsoka's voice trailed off. She wrapped her arms around herself in a defensive manner and she turned to shield herself from me.

"At least then I wouldn't have had to live my life blaming myself for your death. Do you know the pain I was in or did it not matter because it wasn't part of your assignment?"

"I did know. It tore me apart to think about the pain and suffering I was causing you." I admitted, hanging my head in shame. Ahsoka sent me a look of betrayal.

"You knew the pain I was in, and you still lied to me?!" she said in disbelief.

"Ahsoka I-"

She raised her hand, effectively silencing me.

"A true friend would never do that to a friend," she paused.  "A real sister wouldn't abandon her sibling. And yet you did."

She finally met my tear-stricken face.

"Everything I did Ahsoka, I did for you. To protect you." I wheezed out, my knuckles turning white as my hands clenched painfully at my sides.

She scoffed.