ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 38: ᴀ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ

Author's Notes: If you comment I  might not be able to respond for the next two days because I'm going on another short trip, but I will respond as soon as I am able. Your input is always appreciated here! :D

Vod=Brother

Di'kut=Idiot

Jetii=Jedi

"You can try to ignore it, but you cannot deny the truth that your emotions reveal."

Moira tries to distract herself, but quickly learns that emotions will always have their way.

Word Count Warning: 8k

______________________________________________________________

As soon as I arrived in my room, I collapsed on my bed. Tears pouring down my cheeks as I could no longer contain the pain. I had spent hours comforting Nick and Addison until they assured me that they would be alright. It was now late in the evening.

I tried countless times to take deep breaths, hoping that it may help decrease the pain, but it didn't. As the hours passed, the burning hole that was in my chest continued to grow. Soon, I wasn't just crying for Knox, but for all of them. All of my friends, and allies whom I had lost to this war.

And for the pain, I had caused my sister... and the resentment she had towards me. Though Ahsoka didn't know it was me, I still experienced a portion of the anger she would have felt towards me if she knew I was still alive. And I deserved it.

A searing hot pain burned in my chest as I realized there was nothing I could do to change this. I had no control! And yet I still felt responsible for the pain and death that surrounded myself and those around me. Had I just been there sooner... had I just been faster... maybe I could have changed it all.

I don't know how long I screamed and sobbed into my pillow.

Then something changed.

A strange warmth traveled through me, making me freeze. The warmth was a calm, soothing energy that I had yearned to feel in my emotionally exhausted state. A gentle hand touched my back. It was then that I realized, the warmth was coming from Master Plo. He was sitting at the edge of my bed, looking at me sadly. I couldn't hold back. I immediately latched onto him, holding him tightly as my tears began to flow again. Master Plo wrapped his arms around me, drawing soothing circles onto my back. He said nothing to me. Knowing that words couldn't mend the hole in my heart.

His presence helped me to relax, and within minutes, I fell into a semi-restful sleep.

~~~

I woke to a sudden knocking at my door. I slowly pushed myself up from my bed. Finding that I was no longer on top of the blankets, but comfortably tucked beneath them with my head resting against a pillow before I had risen. I rubbed my eyes to get the sleep out of my vision. I slowly was able to stitch together the image from the night before. The pain, the aching... but also the mild relief I had felt when Master Plo had entered the room. I had probably fallen asleep so he must have been the one to lay me back in bed.

I straightened my hair quickly, checking to make sure I was somewhat presentable before opening the door.

I was very much surprised to see Anakin on the other side of it.

"Master Skywalker!" I greeted, bowing my head.

"I wasn't expecting to see you here," I said, moving out of the way when he entered the room, inviting himself in.