ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29: ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ

"Peace is not forever."

Wolffe. Moira. Alone. Help!

______________________________________________________________

Author's Note: So... here's the thing.

Chapters 29 and 30 were originally just one chapter... that had about 12.3k words in it...  But I thought it might be a bit much to read all at once, so I split it up.  The chapter you are about to read has a word count of 6.1k. Sorry if this still seems kinda long, but I hope you enjoy it!

We all find comfort in our own ways . They are usually in the small moments. It is in these moments that we experience a moment of true peace. A feeling so comforting that all our anxieties and worries are just non-existent. This is how I felt anytime I woke up from a nice long sleep. Sometimes I didn't even realize I was awake. My body would have a calming warmth to it. I would usually let out a long yawn, using the breath to allow my muscles to sleep deeper into relaxation without falling asleep. Usually I would only crack my eyes open if I heard birds in the distance chirping, reminding me that I still had a life to attend to. I would mostly just ignore them, falling back asleep, hoping that life would miraculously just forget about my existence for one day and allow me to sleep in. Only to be disappointed each time with the sound of someone banging on my door, demanding that I get up this instant.

Why does life have to be so high maintenance?

This morning was different though, something was off. Yes I felt the familiar warmth of a restful sleep, but it wasn't how I felt that was off. It was what had caused me to wake up. I could hear a faint buzz coming from around my ears. I let out a quiet groan, trying to silence whatever was trying to disturb my sleep. But it only grew. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to block it out, but the buzzing persisted. I cracked my eyes open, blinking a few times to adjust to the light. I heard the faint sound of birds chirping in the background, reminding me that I was in fact still in the woods. I stretched my arms over my head trying to wake up my muscles. I slowly got to my feet, looking around the area.

I did a double take when my eyes settled on the form sitting across from me. There, sitting on the other side of the fireplace, was Wolffe! I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the shouting that was sure to come, but it never did. I only turned to face him when the sound of light breathing reached my ears. I took in his appearance. His back was leaning against the log, arms crossed over his chest as his legs rested out straight in front of him. I looked at his face just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, yep definitely closed. I couldn't believe it, Wolffe was sleeping!

I don't know why I found this so weird, but I had never seen him sleep before. He was always doing something. I stopped in my thoughts when I realized the enormity of this moment. Wolffe was alive, he was okay. He didn't have any visible injuries, which probably meant that his whole group was safe. I let out a sigh of relief, stopping only when I saw him shift . I froze in my place, not wanting to wake him. One because he was probabl- Wait! I was standing without pain.  My side didn't hurt anymore! I didn't know how long I had been out, but considering I had been in the same position as when I fell asleep after Rex told me to get some sleep, it couldn't have been more than a day. Which means my healing had kicked in! It did that from time to time. Let me explain a bit.

The first time I discovered my abilities was when I was 8. I was messing around in the Temple's outdoor garden with some of the other Initiates. We were playing leapfrog, Force style. We had only just started to learn how to use the Force to enhance our jumps. We had been messing around several weeks before and decided to make a game out of it, by combining enhanced jumps with leapfrog. Many of the Master's frowned upon our little game because they saw it as 'a completely unnecessary overuse of the Force for the purpose of personal gain.' Master Yoda didn't seem to mind though, as we explained it to be a training exercise to encourage us to connect to the Force through physical activities. He must have admired our attempt to paint it as a training exercise, because he still allowed us to play it. Anyway, we had been playing for about 15 minutes, I was on a roll, as were the other two Initiates. The third Initiate was struggling a bit. She was having some trouble controlling how far she leapt. When it was her turn again, using me as her base, she decided to try a running start. Everything was going fine, until she must have over done it again, because before we knew it, the Initiate girl went flying into the rose bush, there were alot of thorns in them. I immediately ran towards the girl, worried sick.