ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26: ᴄᴏɴꜰᴇꜱꜱɪᴏɴ

"You cannot undo what has already been done."

Moira's nemesis has something to say.

______________________________________________________________

When I woke up, I didn't fully realize I was awake. I thought I was dead. My body was just floating in an endless darkness, no pain, no anger, just peace. I heard the faint sound of a heart monitor in the background. It worried me, as the beeping grew louder.

Was death supposed to sound like this?

I felt a strange pressure on my face. Followed by  distant whispers. The feeling around my face began to irritate me. I realized at that moment, I wasn't dead. I gathered up what little strength my body had and reached to my face. There was a weird object covering my mouth. It felt foreign, like it wasn't supposed to be there. The heart monitor was practically screaming at this point as I clawed at the object around my face. I could hear the running of footsteps that headed in my direction. Hands grabbed my arms tightly as I had just managed to get the weird object off of my face. I struggled against the hands as I felt one of them try to press it against my face. I started kicking and punching at them. My adrenaline gave way to my new found strength.

I managed to hit a few people before I heard them calling out to me.

"Commander, calm down! It's alright. Everything's alright."

I didn't listen, only increasing my struggling as the arms attempted to hold me down. I kept this up for a few more minutes, before a voice broke through my mind.

"Kid, calm down! It's me, Sinker."

I snapped my eyes open, to see the familiar face of the silver haired clone as he stood at the edge of my bed. There were two other clones on both sides, still holding me tightly. They appeared to be medics. I was in the MedBay. There was no threat.

I visibly relaxed, causing the medics to release me. I looked at Sinker, before offering him a light smile. He motioned for the Medics to leave us, they were almost gone, before one of them approached me, holding out an oxygen mask. That must have been what was on my face before. He was about to put it on me, before I held out my hands to stop him.

"Stop. I don't want that." The medic froze, before sighing.

"Sir, we need to ensure you are getting proper oxygen flow. If we do not your airway may close and we could lose you again." he explained calmly, once again trying to put the mask on my face. I turned my head the other direction.

"No." I said defiantly. I heard a slight grumble from the end of my bed, before Sinker took the mask from the Medic and pressed it to my face. I struggled, trying to turn my head the other direction, but failed.

"Kid, stop it." he grumbled slightly, struggling to hold the mask in place.

"It would be wise to listen to Sinker, Little One." Master Plo said from the entrance of the MedBay, making me stop in my struggles as he walked towards us and sat down in a seat that was next to the bed.

"But I feel fine!" I wined slightly, as Sinker managed to keep my head in a position where I couldn't get the mask off. Master Plo looked at me.

"I am glad to see you are awake, Little One. But, the Medics have informed me that you need to stay under observation for the next 3 days." he explained calmly, as I still continued to fidget with the mask that Sinker kept pressed against my face.

"How the hell did I even get here?" I ask with a sudden realization. How did I get into the Medbay?

Master Plo spoke up. "It would appear that during your flight, the engines had an internal issue and shut off all the power. It also knocked out the life support, which is why you were without oxygen for quite some time. You are fortunate to have escaped physically unscathed." he said carefully, as I mulled over his words.