ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32: ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴇʟꜰ

"How can we know the value of the light if we never experience the darkness."

Moira must face a test of her own making.

______________________________________________________________

Word Count Warning: 11.8k

I continued to pace back and forth in my quarters, worried for Master Plo's arrival. And the conversation that was sure to follow. The events on the Bridge didn't go as I expected them to, but I did accomplish my mission. Right? I mean...did I get out what I wanted? Yes. Did everyone know the truth? Yes. Did I deliver the message in a way that revealed Wolffe to be the sneaky, lying, clone that he is? Yes. Everything I was worried would never be shared had finally come to light. This was the time I was supposed to be celebrating. I should be feeling some sense of satisfaction right now! And yet, whenever I thought back to the moment, that moment, I just felt... guilty.

Why should I feel bad about this? I revealed the truth. I shouldn't feel bad about this! He never cared about them. Any of them! The moment he found out about their deaths, he just brushed it aside and started talking about the attack on the stupid Separatist base!

But even my justification didn't feel the same. It didn't ignite the same sense of purpose that it once had. The burning inferno I had felt on the Bridge was beginning to dwindle, as my incertitude took hold.

The knocking at the door did little to snap me out of this half-defeated state. Even when the door opened to reveal the very man who had brought it about. Wolffe shifted uneasily when I didn't say anything.

"May I come in?" he asked quietly. I barely shook my head, but it was enough for Wolffe to get the message that he chose to ignore.

"Look, I-"

"Go away." I firmly stated, finally managing to stand my ground with what little energy that remained. I heard Wolffe huff slightly, before placing his hands on his hips.

"I'm not taking no for an answer." he said, shoving past me to stand in the middle of my room.

I should have expected him to do that, but I still found myself looking at him a little surprised.

I sighed, before plopping down on the bed. Wolffe said nothing, he just continued to look at me. "Well?" I said exasperated. "What is it? Or did you just come in here to stare at me?"

Wolffe took a deep breath. "I'm sorry." he managed.

"For what, the trying to shoot me out of the tree part, or the attempting to kill me series?"

"Both." I sat up, crossing my arms and glaring at him. My anger beginning to renew itself.

"If that's all you came to say, then get out! I don't want to talk to you." I snarled, turning  to face the wall. I heard quiet footsteps, followed by the dragging of a chair, before I heard Wolffe plop himself down into the seat.

"If you don't want to talk then fine, I can't make you talk. But you will listen." I didn't respond. Maybe if I ignored him he would just go away and leave me in peace. Sadly, that wasn't the case. We were in silence for several minutes before I heard a quiet whisper from behind me.

"Please."

A genuine plea.

One that I couldn't ignore.

Wolffe continued.

"Just hear what I have to tell you and then you'll never have to talk to each other again. Please." I glanced over my shoulder, examining him closely. He was sitting in the chair backwards, forearms resting on the back as he leaned into the chair. I sensed no deception coming from him.