ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21: ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴀᴄᴇ

"Just because it's simple, doesn't mean it's easy."

Moira struggles in her new role.

______________________________________________________________

---Three Months later---

I was in the lotus position, in a deep meditation. I felt the waves of the Force as they swam around me. This was life, this was peace, this was serenity. I waited for a sign, a hit, anything that would give me a warning. There was none.

Moments later, the peaceful scene faded as something bonked me on the head.

"Ouch! You didn't have to hit me that hard" I grumbled, turning my head to look up at Master Plo, who was holding a training saber at his side.

"If you had listened for the warning, then you would not have been hit." He countered, raising a slight brow.

I let out an annoyed huff. "It's not working! I am listening, but the Force is being stubborn."

Master Plo studied me for a moment. "Again." he said, leaving no room for argument.

I sighed, before getting back into the position, closing my eyes.

"Good." Master Plo said deeply.

"Reach out with your feelings. What do you see?"

I reached outwardly, feeling the familiar energy surround me.

"The Force." I mumbled.

"Yes, now look deeper. Where is it headed?"

I looked at the flow of energy around me, it was connecting with a different pool of energy.

"The Crystal." I said.

"Yes. The energy from the Force connects with the Crystal, which connects to you. Listen to the flow of the Crystal's energy around you. Let it guide you."

I walked towards the energy, watching as it swirled around me. The lightness from the Crystal taking my breath away. I felt a slight pinch to my shoulder, but ignored it. I was too focused on what was in front of me.

'Wack.'

I groaned, opening my eyes again, as I rubbed my head. Master Plo looked down at me, sword at the side again.

"You aren't focused." he said simply, giving me a once over.

"I was focusing!" I countered, still rubbing the sore spot on my head.

"Interesting result." He moved across the gym, before setting the training saber down.

"I'm sorry Master Plo. I am trying to feel for a signal, but I'm never sure if it's the Crystal or just me phishing myself out." I admitted, deflating a little bit.

Master Plo sighed. "Moira, in the time since you have connected with your Crystal, the Force around you has started to shift. I can feel the energy of the Crystal. It surrounds you. You have made wonderful progress these last few months, learning to trust the Force, but you need to take it a step farther. You need to listen to the Crystal. Trust your feelings."

"Everyday that passes, the connection between you and the Crystal grows. And so does this power. There will come a time when the Crystal will allow you to tap into this energy. But you must be prepared."

"What can I do?" I asked, feeling a little down hearted. Master Plo turned to face me.

"Learn to Listen. Listen to Learn."