ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13: ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇɴᴛᴏʀ

"Out with the old and in with the new."

Moira gets a new Master.

______________________________________________________________

Warning: This is a long chapter! Over 4.1k words.

Enjoy :D

This isn't permanent, I told myself. You will get away from this soon.

I let out a shaky breath and released my hold on the cloth as it slowly fell to the ground. I opened my eyes to look in front of me and saw...

Master Plo Koon staring down at me, smiling. I looked up at him, a little surprised, before bowing my head in respect. "Master Koon." I said in greeting.

He tipped his head at me. "Hello, Moira." he said cheerfully.

It was at this moment that I realized Master Plo wasn't the only one in the room. Seated all around me were the members of the Council, around Master Yoda, in a circle in the outskirts of the room. Again what is it with the Council and circles!! Moments later I could feel their presence in the room. They must have been cloaking their Force Signatures so I couldn't sense them when I entered the room. Well that explains the blindfold, I told myself. Looking around the room, before turning my sights to Master Yoda.

"So, what does this all mean?" I asked.

"Chosen a new Master for you, the Crystal has. Guide you on your journey, Master Plo Koon will. Your Mentor he is, teach you to harness your power, he will."

I nodded, still slightly confused.

"But Master, doesn't the Master or the Council choose the Padawan?"

Master Yoda chuckled.

"Prewritten by the Crystal, it was. Preparing you, it is. Know the best Master for you, the Crystal does. Trust it, you must."

Master Plo spoke from behind me. "I am honored to help complete your training, Moira. I promise to do my utmost to ensure you are prepared to face the Guardian Trials. I am sure our partnership will be a most enlightening journey."

I almost gagged at the word partnership. There was only one Master I trusted to train me, and he's dead. Not to mention the fact that I still haven't really forgiven Master Plo for bringing me back to the Temple, when he knew I didn't want to. Why did the Crystal choose him? I have no idea. But what I do know is that he won't be my mentor for long. One being the fact I already know I would make a horrible Guardian. Second is because I want my freedom. The same freedom I used to have with Master Di. The ability to go and stay as I see fit. To go on missions on other planets, with him. But for now, I would just have to play along, and then when the time is right, I will be gone.

I turned around to face Master Plo, forcing a fake smile onto my face.

"And I am eager to learn more under your tutelage, Master Koon." I said, bowing again.

Master Yoda nodded at us approvingly.

"Master Plo Koon, teach the Bearer to control her powers, you will. But remember, responsible for her safety, you are. Protect her you must. Until she becomes the Guardian, in great danger, she may be. Safety and Teaching, your responsibilities are."