ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ

"Company is comfort in it's greatest form."

Moira seeks support from an old friend.

______________________________________________________________

I stood in front of the doorway, getting ready to knock, but hesitated. I didn't want to bother her so late. She is probably recovering from a mission or something. I shouldn't trouble her with my problems. I thought, as I started to walk down the hallway, stopping only when I heard a door open

"Mo-Mo?" A tired voice called out to me. I turned around to see Ahsoka in the doorway, looking at me, tired and clearly confused. I was about to wave her off, but the Force had other plans. Ahsoka must have sensed something was off because before I knew it she was by my side, fussing over me like a mother would a child.

"Mo-Mo, are you alright? Your Force Signature is practically screaming at me." She explained, concern laced in her voice.

I can't keep this from her, I thought. My body seemed to agree with me because moments later I felt my dam start to crack. My eyes became blurry from the tears swelling up in my eyes. Ahsoka saw this and started to panic.

"What's wrong, Moira?!! Are you hurt??!! Do you need me to go get Master Di?"

I couldn't hold it back anymore. The very mention of his name too much to handle. My dams broke and I collapsed to the floor. My sobs were so strong they turned silent.

Ahsoka was paralyzed. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, before realization dawned on her. Her own tears threatened to spill as she fell to the ground and wrapped me in a tight hug. She held me close and started to draw comforting circles on my back, while whispering soothing words into my ear.

"Moira, I am so sorry. It's gonna be okay. I'm here."

I continued to cry until there were no tears left. My sobs turned to soft sniffles as I started to catch my breath, which was a mixture of deep breaths and hiccups. When Ahsoka heard me start to calm down, she pulled away to look at me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" she asked softly.

My silence was answer enough. Ahsoka gave me an understanding nod before holding her hand out to help me up. I took her hand as she gave me a sad smile, pulling me to my feet.

She then reached out, putting her hand on my shoulder in a comforting gesture.

"Whenever you want to talk about it, I'll be here to listen. You look exhausted, do you want me to walk you to your quarters"

I nodded at this. Not trusting myself to be alone for the moment. Wrapping her arm around my shoulder, we started the silent walk to my quarters. I took a few quiet deep breaths, looking around the Temple. I was thankful that it was night, so I wouldn't have to deal with the stares coming from people passing by. They would probably be wondering why a Padawan was having a mental breakdown in the middle of the halls.

The night time air sent a quiet breeze through the Temple. Sending a shiver up my spine. Night time has always been my favorite time of the day. I always found it's silence comforting, especially in the comfort of another. But sadly all things must come to an end. I frowned slightly as we approached my shared quarters. Masters and Padawans always shared living spaces to make it convenient if they were called for a mission last minute. All Padawans had their own rooms separate from their Masters, but they did share a common room. (Don't worry they have separate refreshers. :)

We stopped outside my door, as I turned my attention to Ahsoka who had removed her arm from around my shoulders so I could face her. I gave her a sad smile.

"Thank you, Ahsoka." I said sincerely.

Ahsoka gave me a quick look over. " You sure you'll be alright on your own?"

I gave her a nod, trying to give her a reassuring smile. She looked at me skeptically, before reluctantly smiling back.

"If you need me, my door is always open." she said, bidding me good night as she walked towards her room.

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding, before turning to face the door.

The last time I entered this room, Master Di had been briefing me on the mission. Promising me a trip to Dex's as soon as we got back. He knew it was my favorite place to eat at.

Begrudgingly I walked into the room, practically running to my quarters and slamming the door shut with a hiss. I went to the refresher to clean off some of the blood and dirt that the battle had left. I changed into my pjs and laid on my bed mat, staring up at the ceiling.

Eventually my body started to get tired. The events from the last day finally catching up with me. I slowly drifted off to sleep, but not without first hearing a voice.

An almost inaudible whisper, like the one on Ryloth.

'Come.'

Author's Note: Why in the World is there a voice speaking out to someone? The Force is weird I tell you.