ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 43: ᴅɪɢɢɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ɢʀᴀᴠᴇ

Author's Notes: Sorry, I've been gone for so long. I have no excuse other than life.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Stay tuned, the next one I'm releasing is gonna play a huge role in our story. Let me know what you think! Happy reading! :D

"I failed as a friend, and yet succeeded in becoming their enemy."

As Moira's personality begins to change, so do her relationships with the people around her.

Word Count Warning: 5.9k

______________________________________________________________

To say it wasn't going well would be an understatement.

We were vastly outnumbered and outgunned. Krell had ordered Rex and the others on another suicide mission. To capture an airbase to the west to cut off supply lines to the capital. No recon, no air support, nothing. Just blasters and the threat of what would happen should they fail their assignment.

Krell ordered me to watch from the top of the ridge at the battlefield below us. The earth shook as heaven and hell seemed to break free and release itself upon the planet. Mechanical before my eyes. Screams for help, cries for a second chance reached my ears, before the inevitable thump that always seemed to follow as body after body hit the ground. The Force was raging, screaming in protest at the amount of loss.

creatures burst from the ground, taking out men by the dozens. We were once again caught by surprise. The sheer amount of weapons and ammunition the Umbarans possessed was nothing short of terrifying.

I could only watch helplessly from the sidelines as the men I cared about got smothered right

"Sir, there are too many! We have to pull back!" Rex's comm came through as static as the frequency had become glitchy with all the surface fire around us. The urgency in his voice sent a cold shiver down my spine.

This was bad.

"You must stand your ground! Do you read me?! CT-7567? Are you listening?! Do not fall back! That is an order!" he slammed the end call button, glaring at the battlefield below. My fists clenched tightly. Krell was a sick bastard if this is how he led. Sending his men on suicide missions made me feel sick.

I tried to suppress the rage that had begun to rise, but it was too late. The voices crying out. The death. It was all too much.

I had to do something.

"I'm going to check in with Appo," I said, sneaking away from Krell before he could protest and order me back here. Surprisingly, he just waited at the ledge. Watching the battlefield with a deep scowl.

I snuck mast the reinforcements to the far side of the cliff before jumping down. Using the Force to cushion my fall, I made my way to the left side of the battlefield to cut across and meet up with our forces on the front line. Footsteps echoed in the distance. Far too close to have come from the battlefield. I hid behind a tree as the distorted mumbling came closer. My jaw clenched at the sight.

At least 3 dozen Umbaran soldiers were sneaking up behind the rear of the battalion.

They were going to box them in. Rex and the others wouldn't stand a chance!

My hands hovered over my lightsabers.

If I attacked them, then the rest of the battalion might hear them in time and return fire. But there was no way I could defeat all 36 of them on my own. I'd be lucky to make it out of here alive.