ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17: ᴀᴡᴀʀᴇɴᴇꜱꜱ

"People don't become demons, they're just haunted by them."

Moira learns there is more to someone than what meets the eye.

______________________________________________________________

My comm began to beep, waking me up. I let out a groan when I saw the clock.

'6:00am'

Not in the mood. It took me a few moments before I picked up the comm. Irritated with whoever had interrupted my rest. "What?" I huffed into the comm. A familiar chuckle reaching my ears.

Oh Shoot.

"Good Morning to you too, Little One." Master Plo said, clearly amused by my attitude. I was not a morning person!

"Be aware that our training session will start at 7 o'clock. I wanted to make sure you were up so you could prepare. We will meet in the gym." he said.

"Yes, Master Plo." I said, turning off the comm before I slapped a hand to my face. So much for making a good impression before our first training session. I got ready quickly, putting on my spare uniform and hooking my comm and lightsaber on me, before walking out the door. I looked around the halls, as I made my way to the Mess Hall, trying to remember the instructions Sinker had given me. When I got there, I saw some of the clones were already sitting down, eating. I put some food on my plate, debating where to sit. That soon ended when I saw a familiar figure waving me over. Boost. I smiled in his direction before joining him and Comet at the table.

"Morning Little Pup." Boost smiled as I sat down.

"Morning. And I am not a Pup!" I said with a fake pout, before taking a bite of my food.

"Sure." he said sarcastically, eating his own food.

After a few minutes of silence, Comet spoke up. "Have you ever worked with another unit before?"

I shook my head, I hated lying to them, but I had no choice. "Nope, this would be a first." I said.

"Could've fooled me." Comet said, continuing to eat.

I froze mid-bite. Alarm bells were going off in my head. Was it that obvious! I look at Comet, trying to keep my voice even.

"W--What do you mean?"

Comet sent me a confused looked.

"I just mean you don't strike me as the shiny type of Padawan. The food is usually the biggest give away. Most just spit it out the first time they try it. But you seem to handle it well." he said plainly.

I cringed internally. He was right. When I first started working with Master Di and Captain Keeli, I absolutely hated the food. I nearly went a whole week without eating anything, until Keeli helped me get used to it.

"I guess it just doesn't bother me. I'm not a picky eater." I said, letting my posture relax as I did.

We ate for a few more minutes, before I checked the time.

'6:50'

When I saw the time, I picked up my plate, Boost sending me a questioning look.

"Where are you going?"

"Training with Master Plo in 10 minutes. I have to head to the gym." I said, cleaning up my tray.

"Good Luck with... well whatever it is you Jedi do. You'll be seeing us around a lot more than just in the Mess" Comet said, casually.