9.

Rosie

It's been a crazy week leading up to Baku, I've missed the garage. The smell of fuel and oil makes me feel secure. There has been some negative comments about me and Lando and it hurt to start off but I have to remember that he is a celebrity to other people even if he is just Lando to me. I gained a few thousand more thousand followers seemingly overnight after Landos post and I'm glad that I can pretty much hide in the garage this weekend. It's 7am and I'm walking into the garage, as usual I'm one of the first people at the circuit this morning. I load up my laptop at my desk and start trawling over the data comparisons I made over the week hoping to find small areas of improvement. I've been focused on my screen for about an hour when Marcus walks in "good morning Rosie" he tells me placing a coffee down next to me "you angel" I say and he looks confused "oh Kelly sent me with it" I grin "I will go thank her in a bit" I say before getting Marcus to look at what I've been working on.

A few hours pass and I've been practically oblivious to the hustle and bustle of the garage behind me. Adam and Jake said hello when they arrived but I was deep in discussions with Marcus. I stretch my back out and look around the garage noting how quickly they have finished putting the car together from yesterday. We have brought some upgrades this weekend as the guys back at the factory have been developing. "I'm gonna grab a coffee can I get you anything?" I ask Marcus "I'm okay thanks" I stand up stretching out my arms and legs. I've been sat for a few hours now and I feel stiff "you okay RoRo?" Jake asks "yeah just been sat for too long" he stands behind me and rubs my shoulders "soooo you and Norris?" He questions and I feel my blush creeping up my neck "yeah I'm avoiding the paddock as much as possible this weekend" I tell him and he laughs "RoRo I've known you for 2 years now, you don't let stuff like this get to you" he reminds me "I know it's silly, there have been a few negative comments" he hugs me "from fan girls who think they know Lando but don't" he reminds me and I grin "thanks Jake"

I practically sprinted across the paddock straight into the hospitality building. I spot Kelly behind the bar and head over "thanks for my coffee" I say and she grins "well you are always here before we are" I really like Kelly. "I saw Lando's post, look at you guys!" She actually seems genuinely happy for us "it's been a lovely couple of months getting to being together" she smiles "don't let people get you down, anyone with eyes can see you are perfect for each other" she managed to calm my nerves in a few minutes "wanna grab dinner with me and Soph tonight?" I ask and she nods straight away "cool we will meet you outside here?" She nods and I grab a salad before going back to the garage. I walk through the back and immediately spot George and Soph stood next to my desk "hey guys!" I say and they both look up at me sending me smiles "morning Rosie" George says ruffling my hair "how's your morning been?" I question looking at Soph "pretty straight forward but the media have been asking George about you" I look up at George "I haven't said much but I've been nice" he nudges me "well thanks?" I ask "dinner tonight?" Soph asks "of course, I've invited Kelly if that's okay" she nods "absolutely!" She gives me a quick hug before dragging George off to his next interview.

The day dragged til it was time to go and meet the girls, I text Soph earlier saying to meet us outside hospitality. I don't have time to get changed so looks like I'm going out for dinner in my team kit. I rush out into the paddock and spot Kelly and Soph talking "Mon ange?" I spin to see Charles grinning "Hey Charles" I give him a quick hug "how's media day been?" He shrugs "average, always the same questions, been busy in the garage?" I nod "it's been a long day, I'm meeting Soph and Kelly for dinner" I gesture to the waiting girls who are looking over and he waved "I will let you go then!" I smile "catch up this weekend?" I nod "absolutely, have a good night" I jog over to the girls "sorry I got caught up with Adam and sorting George's steering controls" I say and Soph just rolls her eyes "typical Rosie, off we go" she leads me and Kelly out of the paddock and we head into Baku to a small restaurant that George suggested. We all sit down and order before the gossip starts "how cute is Charles?!" Kelly asks and I laugh "Leclerc?" I ask and Kelly nods looking confused "she practically grew up with him as well as Anthonie Hubert and Pierre as well as Lando" she explains for me "woah!" I nod "I used to go and stay with the Leclercs after race weekends in France and Monaco" I add "you've had a crazy childhood" I nod my head "not a normal one, I spent my life at race tracks, I didn't get to go to school or prom" I try to explain how being on the road wasn't always the best. "Makes sense how you ended up as a race engineer" Kelly comments "oh absolutely! My dad wanted me to race but I wasn't overly interested and being a woman doesn't help" I tell Kelly with Soph knowing most of these stories already "so how's things with Lando?" I blush "well I haven't really seen him this last week but I'm staying with him this weekend" Soph claps her hands together "this is good for you Rosie" she reaches across and squeezes my hand "you deserve to be happy" I grin at her "well I am the happiest I've been for a long time"

My thoughts drift back to Lando's Instagram post as I'm heading up to our room in the lift. It still threw me when he said about everyone loving me as much as he does, we haven't told each other that yet! I always feel like the words are on the tip of my tongue and I recently have had to try to not blurt them out. I tap the key card on the door and immediately spot Lando lounging on the bed "Hey you" he says jumping up and pulling me into a tight hug "I've missed you" I smile up at him "I've missed you too" I admit and drop my bag and jacket on the floor "have you had a good day?" I ask and he nods "yeah usual annoying media stuff but I'm glad you are here" I sit down on the edge of the bed pulling my shoes off when he launches himself at me making us both tumble down onto the bed "Lando" I complain through my laughter "sorry it was an opportunity I couldn't miss!" He tells me wrapping his arms around my waist his lips crashing down on mine firmly showing his intentions and I'm more than happy for that to continue!

We both ended up nodding off quite early last night, I do find that travelling tends to do that to me. "Morning Rosie" I see Lando stretching out of the corner of my eye "Morning" I grumble earning a laugh "you are the one who wanted to be at the track early" I roll my eyes "I always am!" I fling my legs over the side of the bed "is it bad I would rather spend the day in bed with you?" I question him "not at all! But then you don't actually get to drive the cars" he jokes "of course I would always rather cuddle in bed with you" he wraps his arms around my kissing me gently and I suddenly realise I can't keep my feelings in anymore "I love you" I blurt out eyes widening as I try to gage his reaction fearing the worst but a huge grin spreads across his lips "I love you too RoRo" he kisses me again firmly.

I ended up being later than I would've liked to the track but still before I'm expected to be there. Lando drove us both in and decided to get a head start at McLaren "see you later?" He questioned as I let go of his hand to walk into "lunch?" I ask and he grins "meet you here after FP1?" I nod and head into the garage. I see that Marcus has already arrived and I also notice a coffee in front of my computer "Good morning" I say wandering over "Good morning! You are in at a more reasonable time than usual" he says and I shake my head "I blame Lando completely" he laughs "Kelly sent a coffee with me as usual" he gestures to the cup "I'm lucky to have her" I say taking a sip of the still hot coffee "right can we go over the data from last year?" He nods and we get to work. It's a few hours later and George has just arrived in the garage "Morning Guys" he says wrapping his arm around my shoulder "Hey George" Marcus says and I give him a grin "ready for today?" I ask and he nods "we've got quite a program to get through with the new upgrades we have brought with us" i explain "how's things with Lando?" He asks and I can't fight the smile "yeah he looked pretty similar when I asked him earlier" he tells me and I feel my cheeks turning red "well it's going well" I say to try to end the conversation "you guys talking about Norris?" I turn to see Jake and Adam behind me both with smirks on their faces "right this isn't interrogate Rosie time it's FP1" I say firmly spinning back round on my chair "sorry Ros" Jake says placing a soft kiss on my hair "we still good for dinner tonight?" He asks gesturing to Adam "of course!" I say remembering how nice it was last weekend out with Adam.

FP1 went well and we managed to get some good data on how the new upgrades were on George's car. I stretch my back out and check my phone seeing a message from Lando saying he was on his way down. I jump up "I'm going to lunch" I let Marcus know and he nods whilst looking at the tyre deg data. I walk through the garage quickly and immediately spot my papaya boy leaning on the side of the garage "Hey" I say grabbing his attention "Ros" he steps forward pulling me into his arms "right let's go" he says leading me out of the circuit towards the beach. This is the best place for the fact that you can take your lunch break on the beach "I've got some bits from McLaren, including the infamous brownies" he tells me swinging a bag in his hand that isn't holding mine. We settle on a quiet spot and he pulls out chicken wraps and brownies. I bite into my wrap quickly and I'm absolutely starving "good running?" He asks "yeah we got through a chunk of the programme" I say and he smiles "us too, Baku is tricky though" I nod knowing all too well how unforgiving this circuit is "nervous?" I ask him and he shakes his head "mainly excited" I gaze out across the sea and allow it to help me relax "I wanted to ask you something actually" I turn my head to look at him and now he looks nervous "right?" He twists one of his rings around his finger "well I was thinking perhaps you might want to move in with me?" My eyes widen and he continues talking "I loved having you at mine a few weekends ago and waking up with you this morning I've realised I don't want a morning without you if I can help it" my heart flutters "what about George?" He looks calm "I spoke to him earlier" I now get why he was asking about Lando "I would love too Lands" I say and he pulls me into a side cuddle.