18.

Rosie

We are currently walking through Monaco on the way to tell Charles family about the baby. It feels weird going to tell his family as he isn't the father but they are like a second family to me and I'm excited for them to know! "So Lorenzo and Arthur are there as well?" I double check and be grins "of course, you have to put up with all of us" he jokes as we walk round the corner onto the familiar street that Charles grew up on "I remember cycling along this street in the summer with Lorenzo tasked to keep an eye on us" he laughs "I never got why mum did that, he was the most irresponsible of all of us" he laughs as we make our way to the front door.

I'm hit with memories as soon as I enter the house and Pascale wraps me into a hug "Rosie it's so good to see you" she tells me before pulling away and hugging Charles "my boy" she says giving him a kiss on the cheek! We walk through to the lounge where I see Lorenzo and Arthur waiting "Rosie" Arthur shouts and jumps up to give me a hug "hey Arts you okay?" I ask and he nods pulling away and letting Lorenzo say hello. "So mum said you have some news?" Arthur bluntly asks and I nod my head "are you finally dating my brother?!" I shake my head "nope, but I am having a baby" Arthur's whole face lights up "is it yours?" He looks at Charles who shakes his head before smiling "Lando's but Rosie will be staying with me for the foreseeable" Pascale claps her hands "oh this is wonderful news" I smile over at her and we fall into chatter about babies, the season and my plans for the future. Talk finally turns to Lando "so is he excited to be a dad?" I look at Charles before answering "unfortunately not" Pascale looks confused and Arthur just looks angry "he is a complete idiot" Arts tells me and I roll my eyes at his reaction "he is but we are working with what we have" I say giving Charles a glance.

We stay for dinner before heading home "well that went well" I say as we walk back the route we came. "I always knew it would be mon ange, they adore you" I can't help the warm feeling that spreads over me "I can't wait to tell Jake at the weekend" Charles knows how difficult it's been to keep this a secret from him but I haven't had the right opportunity to tell him. It's all about packing tonight as we fly out to Austria tomorrow morning.

Considering the fact that we drove to France last weekend the flight to Austria feels so much longer than it should've! I grab my case off of the belt before Charles gets a chance "you should've let me get that" he scolds me "well I'm pregnant not broken" I retort back and we make our way out of the airport to Charles' car for the weekend. The Red Bull Ring always feels like it is in the middle of a Narnia story. The trees that surround the track always give it a magical feeling. I'm staying with Jake this weekend so that I have a chance to tell him about the baby in private, he seems quite excited about our weekend long sleepover! "See you later?" I ask Charles as I go to head into the Williams motorhome "dinner?" He asks and I agree "sure meet you here at 7?" I say glancing at the time on my phone and seeing it's 2pm now "perfect, good luck" he tells me as I head into the building.

I open the door to find Jake lounging on the bed "RoRo you're finally here!" He acts extremely excited to see me "I am! You will be fed up of me by Sunday" he shakes his head "nah I'm enjoying the break from Adam" I laugh at his insult to his usual roommate. I start packing my stuff away while Jake tells me about his week at the factory, I can't keep this from him any longer. "Jake I have something to tell you" he looks at me concerned "everything okay?" I nod "I'm pregnant" I blurt out and his eyes widen "what?" I'm suddenly starting to worry "yeah, I found out in Canada but wanted to wait till I had the scans" he nods before squealing in excitement "I'm gonna be an uncle!" He yells and wraps his arms around me before pulling back and looking directly at me "wait who is the father?" Then suddenly a realisation crosses his features "lando? Is that why you were crying in France?" I nod my head "well we all know he is a dickhead" I can't help but feel upset "he was my dickhead for a time" I say and Jake's expression softens "you still love him?" I nod "I wish I didn't but I do" he understands "what about Charles?" I'm surprised by the question "he is one of my best friends, why?" He shrugs "just thought perhaps something more might be going on?" I shake my head.

Lando POV

I've tried everything, I've tried being angry, I've tried to just block everything out but I can't stop thinking about her. Rosie. I can't get her off of my mind and I know she is having my baby yet I can't quite manage to take responsibility for it. I know that my parents would be really disappointed in me but I can barely look after myself let alone another person! I still can't believe that I trusted a word that came out of Ellas mouth, how didn't I see how terrible she is? I know I was feeling down and I wasn't in the right frame of mind but that isn't an excuse. I need to grow the fuck up and try to fix this. I love her, I can't let her go.

Rosie - Saturday

My phone vibrates against the desk, I'm currently sat with Marcus analysing the data for this weekend. This should be a track which suits us but you never know in F1. I flip my phone over and see a message from Lando?

Rosie, we need to talk? Can I take you to dinner?

I re read the message a few times before it sinks in that he actually wants to talk to me "shit" i mutter under my breath "everything okay?" Marcus looks over to me "yeah fine, I think we need to use the aero rake data to see how much downforce we need today" I tell him "yeah we can do that!" Marcus says turning back towards the computer FP1 yesterday was absolutely crucial for us to even attempt to get points this weekend. I reply to Lando agreeing to dinner before I tuck my phone away and focus on the work.

It's 6.30 by the time I've got changed and headed towards the car park. I know I shouldn't care if Lando thinks I look nice or not but I still wanted to make some effort. I'm sure he just wanted to discuss the baby if nothing else! I spot him leant against the bonnet of his McLaren on his phone, he doesn't hear my approaching "Hey Lando" I say as I'm stood right in front of him "Shit Hi Rosie" he says immediately popping his phone into his pocket "ready to go?" I ask him trying to break the awkwardness "yeah, the car is unlocked" I pull the passenger door open and drop into the seat. He starts the engine a few seconds later "you look stunning" he tells me quietly and my cheeks heat up "thanks" I wasn't sure if he would still have this effect on me but apparently he does.

After about 30 minutes we pull into a town and Lando parks the car leading me over to a cute restaurant. This feels suspiciously like a date but I decide to reserve judgment till I actually hear what he has to say. We are seated in the window and cute to see people bustling around in their own worlds. We order quickly without much conversation before Lando clears his throat "so I want to apologise, I'm an idiot, I always have been" I suppress a smile and he continues "I shouldn't have done anything to cause me to lose you and I definitely shouldn't have run away from my unborn baby" he gazes at my stomach lovingly? "You are the only person I feel like myself with and I miss you every single day" my heart starts to flutter and I can feel myself falling again.

"I don't know Lando, I can't trust you and what relationship works without trust?" I ask him and he still looks hopeful "I just want a chance to prove myself to you. To show you how much I love you and want to be a family with you and the baby" when he brought up my little bean I couldn't focus "I'm sorry I didn't talk to you before" I start and he shakes his head "I wouldn't have talked to you either" I laugh it it feels nice to have a joke with him "I'm not saying we go back to being in a relationship but I'm happy to see how things go?" He grins "that's more than I could ever ask for!" My heart leaps. "How is your pregnancy going?" He asks looking genuinely interested "well I think I'm actually starting to show which is going to be a whole new issue with the media" he smiles "well I'm happy for them to know he is mine if you are" hearing him accept our baby was the best thing that could've happened. "Well I can speak to Soph and get a statement sorted?" He nods "yeah cool!" He smiles softly at me "have you been feeling okay?" I nod "enough, although I can't keep my breakfast down" he frowns "feeling sick? All the time?" I nod again "yeah although it seems to be getting better"

We finish up dinner and he drives us back to the track "thank you" he says looking over at me "for?" He shakes his head "hearing me out, giving me a chance" I smile "well I have to say I never thought I would" he frowns "me either but trust me I won't waste this chance" I'm still not sure "let's see how it goes" he smiles and we both climb out of the car. We wander back and head towards the motor homes, there are hardly any people around "well good luck tomorrow" I tell Lando and he opens his arms with an adorable grin on his face so I step into them. It feels like coming home and I'm still not sure if this was a good decision but I need to see how this goes.