23.

Rosie

Things are still frosty between me and Lando this morning. I'm worried that the baby is the only thing keeping us together. With how much I've missed Charles since we fell out I'm not sure I see him as just a friend either. The walk to the garage this morning was lonely as Lando left early this morning without so much as a goodbye, I might ask George if I can stay with him for the rest of the weekend. As usual I'm first in the garage so I take my seat and load up my computer. After about an hour I sense someone next to me "Morning Rosie" Marcus says from beside me "Hey! You okay?" He nods "you?" I don't want to lie to him but there is too much to go into now "I'm alright" I say turning my attention to the screens of data in front of me. Focusing on work is what is dragging me through today without bursting into tears. This whole situation is such a big mess, it's my last race weekend for a while and I really wanted to enjoy it!

Qualifying went as well as we could expect at a power focused circuit but George did a stellar job of putting the car in P11 giving us a chance to compete for points tomorrow. It's getting late now but the garage seems busier than ever "what's going on?" I ask Marcus who shrugs in response "not too sure" he comments keeping an eye on the back of the garage. Suddenly the song Baby by Justin Beiber starts blaring through the garage and I see George and Jake carrying in a cake with pink icing on. I can't help the tears that fall once I realise the team have organised me a baby shower! The mechanics quickly string up garlands and George and Jake pop the cake down on a table set up in the corner of the garage. I feel beyond overwhelmed, I've been having such a bad day after my argument with Lando last night and this is the last thing I expected today.

"What do you think?" George asks as he walks over "this is amazing! Completely unexpected as well" he grins "well the team wanted to celebrate the Williams baby and we thought it ties in nicely with it being your last weekend" he explains and Soph pulls me into a hug "we wanted to spoil you and the little one" she tells me and I can't help but cry again. "We have some games planned" Jake tells me dragging me off of my stool "first we have a pin the dummy on the baby" he gestures towards a board that's been set up before blindfolding me. I walk over cautiously and give it my best attempt before I pull the blindfold off to see it on the babies leg. Jake laughs at me "well let's hope you are better with your eyes open" he jokes as Adam steps up to take his turn. George ended up being the winner much to the whole garages dismay as he has been gloating ever since.

Once we play some more games it comes to guessing the babies name. "I don't know what to guess" Soph tells me "well I've already decided the name" I say and her eyes widen "seriously? Well now you have to tell us!" I feel bad as Charles is the only person who knows "I haven't spoken to Lando about it yet" George and Jake are now listening intently as well "I'm sure he won't have any objections" Soph reassures me and I know I'm going to get emotional telling them "well I've lost two people who are incredibly important to me and I want to have them with me on this new chapter of my life" I explain and i can see the George already know where this is going "so she is going to be called Juliette Athena Russell" I end and Soph wraps her arms around me "that is a beautiful gesture, Lando can't disagree" she rubs her hand on my back to help calm me down "well Juliette is going to be the most loved Russell" George tells me and the whole garage cheers.

I get back to the hotel with George and I almost ask to stay with him but I don't want any questions. "See you tomorrow" I say as I wrap him in my arms "last race together for a while Rose, let's make it a good one" he gives me a squeeze before letting me go "oh we will" I confirm and we go our separate ways. I walk down the corridor to our room and I take a deep breath before unlocking the door and walking in. Lando is lounging on the bed as I place my backpack by the door, grabbing my iPad out to read through the strategy options for tomorrow. He looks up "Hey" he says softly and I know he doesn't want to argue as much as I don't "sorry I'm later than planned, the guys through me a baby shower" his face softens "George mentioned it, what a lovely idea" he tells me sitting up in the process "I've got some left over cake in my bag" he grins "care to share?" He asks and I shake my head "Jon would kill me, you have to race tomorrow" I comment before busing myself trying to find a T-shirt to sleep in. I pull out a red one without really acknowledging what it is and wander into the bathroom. Once I'm changed I walk over to the bed to climb under the covers "is that Charles?" I look down and notice the Ferrari badge "oh yeah it must be, when we lived together I always stole his shirts to sleep in" I explain "well I would rather you wore mine" Lando snaps and I look up at him "what?" His face turns into a scowl "you are mine not his" I'm not liking how possessive he is being "I know but it's just a shirt" Lando shakes his head "but it isn't, you still like him don't you" I'm not sure how to answer this question "he is one of my closest friends Lando, of course I do" the scowl still hasn't left his face "you love him?" My heart stops for a second and I look into the eyes of the man who is supposed to love me and all I see is hatred "yes but not in that way" and as I say the words I can hear the uncertainty in my voice "I don't believe you" he says darkly and I start to feel angry "well Lando I've only ever been faithful to you, so you have no right to talk to me like this" he freezes "are you sure she is mine?" He questions and I feel my blood boil "looking for an excuse to leave?" I ask back refusing to answer his ridiculous question "I told you at the beginning I wasn't ready to be a dad" he snaps and I've had enough "you chased me Lando, I can't believe after last night we are having the same argument" I jump out of bed and throw a pair of cycling shorts on before pulling on my oversized denim jacket "what are you doing?" Lando questions "I'm leaving, I won't have this fight again" he shakes his head "when the going gets tough you always leave" he jeers at me "because I have self respect" I grab my backpack and storm out of the door.

I walk to the elevator with no idea where I am going, George's maybe? The lift stops on the next floor, I don't look up to see who walks in as I'm now sobbing "Rosie?" They call my name and through watery eyes I see Pierre looking at me "what's happened?" I fall into his arms and I can't stop the tears from streaming down my face "I'm going to take you to Charles" he says pressing a button on the lift. I can't seem to calm down and my breaths are shaky as I keep sobbing into his shirt "come on it's just down this corridor" he encourages me to walk with him till we reach room 345 and he knocks on the door "what did you forget?" Charles asks Pierre but he immediately spots me "what?" He is completely confused and I throw myself into his arms "I don't know, I found her like this in the elevator" Pierre explains "so I thought I should bring her to you" I feel Charles nod "thanks, i will message you later?" He questions and I don't hear Pierre say anything else before the door is closed "Mon Ange what's going on?" He gently asks me as we sit on the edge of the bed "Lando" I mutter and his arms tense around me "Ella again?" I shake my head "a huge fight about you" I tell him and he takes a few minutes to respond "what do you mean?" I try to stop crying to that I can talk to him "this shirt" I say and his eyes take my body causing shivers to run over my skin "what about it?" I look into his eyes and for a minute I'm lost, his gaze is one I never see from lando, it's love. "Well I pulled it on to go to bed, it's yours" he nods seemingly confused "he got angry about it and we had a huge fight like the one yesterday" this causes him to frown "you argued yesterday as well?" I nod "he thinks he isn't the father, that I'm in love with you" I tell him and his eyes widen "are you in love with me?"