14.

Rosie

I just got off of the phone with Claire, I need to stay with the race team but she is allowing me to work remotely for the next month. To be honest the idea of being in the paddock makes me feel sick but I don't want to throw my career away because of Lando Norris. He has tried to call over 30 times and has sent me at least the same amount of messages but I don't want to talk to him and I don't have to. There is absolutely nothing to explain. I wander into the kitchen to see Charles making coffee "Hey" i mutter and he turns around to face me with a smile on his face "Hey, how did it go?" I can't help the frown "she has let me have the next month working remotely but I need to be at the next race" he looks sympathetic "so she wouldn't let you work in the factory?" I shake my head "she was very complimentary about my skills so she wouldn't want me anywhere but on the pit wall" he nods "well that makes sense" I know it does but I don't want to be in the paddock "I just don't want to be in the paddock" he hands me a coffee "I know, you can head in early? And I can meet you at the end of the day?" I think for a second "that could work" I agree going to take a sip of my coffee but my stomach turns and I make a dash to the toilet. This has been happening for the last few days and I felt sick before then. I'm getting fed up now "you okay mom ange?" Charles calls through the door and I stand up swinging it open "I'm okay" he doesn't look convinced "how long have you been feeling sick for?" I have a think "perhaps the last couple of weeks, I'm not really sure" he glances down at my stomach "this is a very personal question but is your period late?" I calculate it in my head "no, I'm due next week" he looks relieved "okay then, I'm going to keep an eye on you to make sure this isn't something more serious" he leads me back into the kitchen handing me a glass of water.

Canada

We've just landed in Canada and I'm full of nerves, not for any other reason than the high likelihood of seeing Lando. It's been 3 weeks now since Monaco and I haven't left what I now refer to as my new home. George kept his word and collected my belongings and had them shipped over to Monaco. He did tell me that Lando kept begging him to convince me to talk to him but obviously George said no. "You okay mon ange?" I glance over at Charles who is my travel companion for this weekend "just worried, I will be happy once I'm in the garage" he smiles at me "you are the strongest woman I know, you have got this" he reassures me as he leads us over to his Ferrari for the weekend. I've never been in a car this nice and I can't help but feel very out of place. Charles sees me looking around "we need to get you a car in Monaco really" he informs me and I think of my golf "I miss my car" I honestly tell him, George sold it for me at my request.

I step foot in the hotel the team is using this weekend and head to the desk to check in. Ferrari have booked the hotel across the road so Charles dropped me off at the door and promised to come and meet me for dinner later on. I quickly go up to my room and swing the door open making Soph jump "Rosie!" She shouts jumping off of her bed and wrapping her arms around me "I've missed you" I smile sadly "I've missed you too Soph" she looks me up and down "you have lost weight" she comments with a concerned look on her face "I have been feeling really sick for a few weeks now" I explain and she looks worried "are you pregnant?" I shake my head "I'm due..." I tail off once I realise I was due on last week "Due on when?" Soph asks "last week" I mutter going over the dates in my head "well you have been very stressed, let's get a test before we panic" she tells me passing me my jacket and dragging me out of the door.

We found a pharmacy a few minutes from the hotel and Soph had to practically drag me around. I have a sinking feeling that my sickness is pregnancy related but I can't wrap my head around it. We get back to the hotel and she forces me into the bathroom "pee on the stick and whatever the result we will deal with it together" she tells me and I head in. I place the test on the side and step out of the bathroom "it needs 5 minutes" I tell Soph and she sets a timer "it's going to be okay" she tells me "but if I am it's Lando's and I never want to talk to him again" I tell her and she frowns "I know but you would need to be a team on this" I shake my head "if I am, I will do it alone" she squeezes my hand "you won't be alone" she reassures me and I sit staring off out of the window til her timer goes off "can you look?" I ask her and she nods headed into the bathroom. She comes out a few seconds later with a smile and I'm not sure what that means "congratulations" she tells me giving me a hug and I freeze. I'm pregnant?