17.

Rosie

I'm waiting outside Williams, I got changed just before Charles called as I was too warm in my team kit. I spot Charles heading towards me "Hey mon ange" he greets me pulling me into a hug. He loops my arm through his and we head out of the paddock "Jake said you were crying earlier, I assume Lando didn't take the news well?" I shake my head attempting to hold back my tears "he doesn't want any involvement" Charles looks furious but he speaks calmly "you have me, I'm not going anywhere and you will have everyone else once you tell people" he tries to comfort me as we approach the car "I know it just felt so final" I tell him and he nods "I know mon ange but it will all be okay" I try to smile and he starts the engine of the car "wait where are we going?" I ask realising that we are staying at the track "just wait" he tells me heading out of the track towards Le Castellet but he continues through the little medieval town towards the coast and I am starting to figure out exactly what he is doing. We arrive in Port d'Alon about half an hour later and Charles parks the car near to what looks like a crystal blue cove. "Come on" he tells me as I climb out of the car and he takes my hand leading me towards the beach. This view is breathtaking and I start to feel overwhelmed "Charles" I remark and he gives me a smile. We walk till we are on the beach and we slip our shoes off rolling the ankles of my trousers up I step into the water squeaking at the coolness on my toes. How did he know this is exactly what I needed?

Charles

She looks utterly breathtaking and part of me can't believe she is here with me. I know we aren't together and potentially we never will be but I adore this girl and I will protect her whatever it takes. Her giggles bring me out of my thoughts and I see her dancing in the waves , I take a picture and I can't help but join her "it's cold" I comment once I'm in the water next to her "it warms up quickly" she comments and she splashes me her face pulling a cute expression "oh it's on!" I tell her and she squeals before launching herself through the waves. This goes on for a few minutes before we are both soaked. She stops and stares out towards the horizon her hand moving to rest on her stomach. We both stand in the water staring out over the water till she starts to shiver "come on let's sit on the beach" I say taking her hand leading her out of the water. She leans her head on my shoulder "thank you, I needed this" I can't help but smile "you always loved the sea" I comment "it's relaxing, the sound of the waves crashing onto the shore" I nod in agreement and a comfortable silence surrounds us as we both focus on the waves.

Rosie

We've been sat on the beach for around an hour now and we've been talking about anything and everything! But it's starting to get dark "can we head back?" I ask him "of course mon ange" he says standing up and taking my hand to help me to my feet. I still feel damp but it's a warm enough evening that our clothes dried enough! He doesn't let go of my hand and I find I actually don't mind. I can see myself falling for him when my heart isn't as shattered as it is right now. I also don't want to rush into anything but things with Charles just feel right, he is my person and I wouldn't change that. I climb quietly into the Ferrari as Charles starts the engine. It's a pretty silent journey back and I know he is giving me space to deal with today's situation but I want to laugh and joke with him "I've been really considering taking the Maranello post" he grins "well I don't want to pressure you but I think it would be a good idea" he agrees "well first up I need to tell people that I'm pregnant" his hand takes mine "you don't have to do it alone" he reminds me and I feel a weight lift off of my mind "it's Silverstone next after Austria so did you want to go to the UK early to talk to your family?" I hadn't really thought about it "can you come with me?" He nods "I need to be at the factory for a few days but we can go straight after?"I nod "that would be great"

I head into the motor home and Soph is waiting for me "hey! How did telling Lando go?" I just shake my head "he doesn't want any involvement" she looks surprised "well you have all of us" I give her a hug "also where have you been?" She questions sounding like my mum "oh Charles took me to the beach as he knows it calms me down" her face lights up "that is absolutely adorable" I find myself blushing "it was really lovely" suddenly my phone starts going off with Instagram notifications