32.

ROSIE

Nothing, nothing makes me want to get out of bed, nothing makes me feel anything. I didn't think I could feel nothing but that's all I can describe it as. I keep thinking about what my life could've been, what her life would've been, she deserved much more. She deserved to have a life! I can't shake the guilt I feel at being the cause of her not being here. It's completely my fault. I'm drained, I thought not having my memories was bad but living through this has been awful. I see the expectant look on Charles' face every time he comes in with Tea or sometimes snacks and it always falls when I hardly react to him. I almost feel like I'm watching myself living instead of actually being present.

CHARLES

I managed to convince Rosie to come with me to Monaco after the race weekend. I'm getting more concerned about her as the days pass. She has been here for 7 days without leaving bed or really eating much. I've called for back up as I can't seem to help her. I'm currently sat on the sofa waiting for the knock at the door, she needs her people around her, we have to fly out to Abu Dhabi tomorrow and I'm really hoping she will come with us!

Finally the knock on the door! I jump up from the sofa and fling the door open to reveal George, Alex,Soph, Jake and Adam all there "it's good to see you guys!" I say honestly, we didn't want to overwhelm Rosie during her recovery so she hasn't seen her friends since her accident! "She in bed still?" George questions and I nod gesturing to the spare room, he immediately goes over and let's himself in "he's been really worried about her! I mean we all have but I think it's slightly different for George" Soph tells me and I had almost forgotten that they are together now "she isn't herself, it was almost better when she didn't remember" I tell her and she gives my hand a comforting squeeze "I can't just wait here" Jake says and walks towards the spare room Adam in tow. Both of those boys are like brothers to Rosie, they adore her and I know the last couple of months must have been difficult on them.

JAKE

I walk into the dark bedroom and see George laying with Rosie "RoRo?" I ask gently into the room "Jake? What are you doing here?!" She sits bolt upright and opens her arms for me to give her a hug "am I not allowed to see my best friend?" I question and she shakes her head "you know what I mean" she says "well Charles is worried so we are all here, Alex, Soph, me, George and Adam" I say gesturing behind me knowing that he followed me in "Adam?" Rosie asks and he comes over wrapping his arm around his shoulder "Hey Rose!" He says with a small smile on his face "guys! You didn't have to come, I'm okay" I stand up and walk over to the window pulling the curtains open allowing the sunlight to stream through "when was the last time you saw the sun?" I ask her with a slightly joking tone "okay, I get it, I just haven't had the energy to do anything" she tells me "I know Ro but you can't stay in here forever" she nods "I know"

SOPH

"Are you okay Charles?" I ask him noticing the dark circles under his eyes "yeah, it's just been difficult to see her like this" I haven't been here but I understand, I haven't seen Rosie since her accident due to her memory loss "she will get there, it's a lot to process" he nods "she blames herself, but it isn't her fault" we all know that it isn't her fault but it's hard to convince anyone of anything when they are grieving "she will get there Charles, she is strong" he nods "she is the strongest woman I know" he has a sadness in his words "you haven't lost her, don't give up" I tell him and he looks at me "I'm not giving up"

"Yeah things with George are good" I tell Charles "more than good from what I have to put up with at home" Alex comments and I just stick my tongue out at him "oh hush" he rolls his eyes "I'm really happy for you both" Charles tells me and I know he just wants to be with Rosie.

ROSIE

"Okay, let's go to the beach" I agree to Adam's suggestion "we will leave you to get dressed" George tells me ushering the other boys out of the room. Seeing Adam and Jake has lifted my spirits slightly and when Adam suggested the beach my focus has shifted to wanting to feel the cool water on my toes. I swivel my legs to get out of bed and I feel lightheaded "Charles!" I shout hoping that he can hear me, seconds later he is in the doorway "Mon Ange?" He rushes over and squats down by my legs "are you okay?" I shake my head "could you help me to the shower?" I ask feeling how week my legs are when I try to stand "of course" he scoops me up bridal style and I find myself letting out a small giggle "Ange that was the most beautiful sound" he tells me and I feel the red creeping up my cheeks "thanks for calling everyone" he smiles "anything for you"

After about half an hour I'm ready to go, I step out into the living area attracting the attention of everyone in the room "Soph" I say and she launches herself at me "Rosie, I've missed you so much" she tells me hugging me tightly "I've missed you too Soph" more than I had realised before this moment. The world seems a little brighter and I know I need to try to feel better if not for me, for my friends. "Let's go" Alex announces making his way to my side "that sounds great Albono" I tell him wrapping my arm through his. The smile this earns me lifts my mood even more "it's good to have you back RoRo" he tells me and suddenly I no longer feel nothing, the heartbreak and the pain is still there but I'm also feeling grateful.

George drives my car with the guys in to the beach and I ride with Charles in his Pista "sorry I didn't think of the beach sooner" he tells me and I place my hand on his "I'm not sure I would've gone sooner" I reassure him. He concentrates on the road and I settle back in my seat watching the coastal scenery fly past "Rosie, I just want to say that you have been incredibly strong and I am in awe of you but you aren't in this alone, you never will be" he sounds so sincere in his words and I'm brought back to the thoughts I had before, he truly is a wonderful person and I'm lucky that he seems to choose me over and over "thank you Charles, it means a lot but please know that as long as I have you with me I know everything will be okay" I see the smile grace his features and I can't get over how lucky I am.

Charles swings the Pista into the car park and I slowly unclip my belt before I can resist leaning over and kissing his cheek "thank you" I say against his skin before pulling away and climbing out of the car. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore immediately soothes my racing thoughts. Without really thinking about it I slip my sandals off and walk towards the water, it's a cold day as it's currently winter but I dip my toes into the water and I let myself switch off. I can hear my people behind me joking about and laughing and I feel content? I will never forget my little girl but I know I need to focus on the future and being the best version of myself I can be. I'm not sure how long I stand in the sea for but a hand breaks me out of my thoughts "Mon Ange your feet are turning blue" Charles tells me and I look down "oh, I hadn't noticed" he wraps a blanket around my shoulders "let's sit down?" He asks and I nod before he leads me back to the group.

Once I'm settled on a picnic rug Charles places my feet in his socks "you don't need to!" I tell him looking at his bare feet "I don't want you loosing your toes" he tells me with a wink and I settle into his side. "You were out there for ages" Jake tells me from my other side "it was nice, I feel like I have a clear head for the first time in weeks" I tell him with a smile and he looks pleased "as long as it's helping you" he says and passes me a plastic mug of tea "Alex made up a flask before we left" he explains and I place the steaming cup at my lips and I couldn't imagine being anywhere but here.

GEORGE

We stayed at the beach for a few hours, all freezing but Rosie looked at peace for once and none of us wanted to ruin that. But it hit a point where all of us were freezing and Charles insisted be head back. Rosie looks like a different person now, I'm glad Charles called all of us. I know I need to tell her about me a Soph but I just haven't had the right moment. She is dealing with a lot and I don't want to throw my happiness in her face. I have noticed today though how she gravitates towards Charles unthinkingly, they both move when the other does. I know they are meant to be together and I hope her own misery doesn't stop her from allowing her own future happiness.

Sorry for all of the different POVs in this chapter, I wanted to bring her friends back in after a few chapters out and it felt like this was the right way! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter anyway!