55.

Lando

"There isnt going to be a race, but they haven't confirmed that yet" Will tells me over the radio "Are we just waiting in the cars?" I ask as we are all parked up in the pit lane. After my accident yesterday I'm glad that they are taking the weather seriously. "Nope, jump out, come back to the garage" Will tells me and I switch off before climbing out in the pouring rain. I run quickly into the garage and spot Daniel "No racing today" He tells me with a shrug and I nod "I don't think so!" He frowns "Well lets see!" I walk over to Will and Jose and they both look concerned "So Masi has said that we will have an update in 40 minutes" He tells me and I walk back through to my drivers room to grab a hoodie before walking back, its absolutely freezing "How many hours can this go on for?" I ask Will "Well the GP has technically started so we are on a 3 hour limit" I nod "What do we do in the meantime?" I ask him "Well, you can go see people if you want but stay close to the garage" He tells me and he focuses back on the weather report "Looks like there might be a break in the rain in about an hour" He informs me and I know that's him telling me I have at least that amount of time to mess about. I immediately think of Rosie, this is going to be a really long day for her, she struggled at the wedding, perhaps I can go see Charles so that I can check in on her.

I arrive outside the Ferrari garage and Charles immediately spots me, he walks over "Hello mate!" he says and we have a first bump. "Looks like its going to be a long day of not racing today" I joke and he nods "Just waiting about, a very different Sunday to usual" I agree "How's Rosie? This is going to be a long day for her?" His expression turns concerned "I'm worried, 2 hours of the race is normally her limit and this could be at least a 4 hour day" This is what I worried about, she has been struggling more then "you guys are all looking out for her though?" He nods "Of course, Roberto is on constant Rosie watch" Hearing her name she looks over at us and her face lights up when she sees me "Lando! What are you doing here?" She slides off of her stool and walks over giving me a quick hug. I notice that her bump is actually showing and I cant help but feel a pang of hurt in my heart "Thought I would come annoy you both, seeings as we aren't going racing" she laughs and its one of the most beautiful sounds "Well you are welcome, right Charlo?" She looks over at him and I can see that he only has eyes for this woman "Absolutely! Perhaps we can play some football? Get Seb and Daniel?" Charles suggests and I know this is something that would be such a laugh "As long as Rosie can make sure I'm back in my garage when I need to be!" She nods "Of course I can, you guys go have some fun!" She shoos us out towards the pit lane "See you in a bit" Charles tells her and kisses her on the forehead "have fun!" She says and heads back over to her desk.

"Come on you can play better than this!" Seb taunts, I let out a snigger as Daniel passes the ball to Charles. He really isn't the best at football! Seb manages to tackle Charles and passes the ball to me, I turn and aim for our makeshift goal and SCORE! Seb runs over and scoops me up "YES LANDO!" He is absolutely buzzing and its adorable to see! Rosie suddenly pops her head in "5 minutes guys, they are sending you back out again" We all react "Thank you Rosie, see you guys later" Seb says as he leaves the Ferrari hospitality building with all of us on his tale "Come on Lando, lets get back or the team will be freaking out" Daniel says hurrying us both across the paddock.

Charles

"These conditions are ridiculous" I complain over the radio "I know, please take it slow and safe" Rosie asks me and I know she is really worried "I will, but I cannot see anything ahead of me, not even the light of the car" I tell her and I'm also hoping that Masi is listening. These conditions are horrendous, they shouldn't have sent us out, this is just dangerous "You aren't the only driver saying this, please driver back to the pit lane and park up again" Rosie tells me. Great we have done 2 laps, for what? I slowly pull up behind the other cars and Switch off the engine. I jump out of the car and I run over to the garage attempting to stay as dry as possible. I pull my helmet off and I see Rosie leaning on the desk waiting for me "Hey! So that was horrendous, those conditions are undriveable!" I say feeling the annoyance from that run "I know, they have postponed the race start for another 30 minutes and there will be another review of conditions then" I nod "Surely they should just cancel it? This isn't going to get better" I know she doesn't disagree but I need to complain to someone "They are trying to justify the tickets and the cost of the weekend" She shrugs "Just annoying as I know that this wont be a full race but they might attempt half points if they can get you all out again" She looks annoyed "Well that rubbish, points for not racing?" She nods "I know!"

Ive been sat with Rosie since I jumped out of the car, the TV broadcast showed Daniel wrestling his trainer, Seb has now headed to Haas to play football with Mick and Lando is currently having a nap. They managed to get the clock stopped giving another hour, every team is currently annoyed to just be sat about. George suddenly appears in the box entrance "Hey Rose! Charles!" He grins and we head out to see him "bored too George?" Rosie ask and he nods "Yeah! Then I thought, my two siblings are next door lets go and annoy them!" He says with a chuckle and I am just beyond glad that he views me as his brother too "Well we are definitely down for being annoyed! What's the plan?" I ask George and he shrugs as Rosie runs into the garage and brings back 3 paper boats "Boat race?" She asks "When did you make those?" I ask "During your football match earlier" She shrugs "let me pop our numbers on" She writes my race number and George's before putting Anthonie's on hers. I know she has been feeling his loss the more this weekend. We pop our hoods up and walk into the pit lane "Right, winning boat is the one that reaches the Alpine garage first" We both nod and suddenly we are all competitive and serious as we place our boats in the makeshift river that's appeared thanks to the rain. "3,2,1 GOOOOO" Rosie shouts and we all let our boats go and that attracts the attention of some of the other team members. George is in the lead and its getting tense as he nears the Alpine garage. "I WON!" George cheers and everyone who saw our little race cheers too "Great idea Rose!" George says and I see how happy she is right now, even though she didn't win.

Rosie

After our boat race we head into the garage and wait for the next update "Cars will go out at 5.30pm" Roberto says reading the latest update. "Hear that Charlo?" I double check and he nods "have they already forgotten Lando's accident yesterday and who we lost here last year" I sigh "They need 5 laps to award half points, you will do 3 laps and then they will call the race done" I tell Charles and he nods "Let me get ready" I shiver as he wanders off and I can tell he noticed. After a few minutes he comes out with his race suit done up and his coat thrown over the top. He also has a jumper in his hand and stands in front of me "Cold mon amour?" He asks and I nod, he pulls the jumper over my head before placing his hands on my tummy "Ive got both of you to look after" He tells my bump and he looks up at me before pressing his lips to mine softly. Jake makes a wrenching noise from his seat "Oh hush you!" I tell him off! He has been keeping busy with Adam so he is one to talk "I'm messing, you are both adorable" he assures me and Charles grins "Well she is my wife!" He says in an over the top way and Jake bursts out laughing. "You need to get in the car" I tell him gently nudging him "Okay!" He laughs as he wanders back out into the soaking pitlane.

"Right that's it, race done, head to parc ferme" I let Charles know over the radio "Okay Rosie, see you in a few minutes" He agrees and I leave Roberto to be on the radio as I start helping the guys pack down the garage. We don't need a debrief this evening as we didn't even have a race. "How can I help Jake?" I ask and he looks at me confused "Nah! You aren't doing any heavy lifting" He looks worried "I just want to help, can I give the guys a hand with the tyres? I know the procedure?" I ask him desperate to feel like I've actually accomplished something today "Rosie, once Charles gets back you can both head home, we've got this" He is adamant and I let out a sigh "Okay, are you absolutely sure?" He goes to speak but Adam interrupts "GO HOME ROSIE!" I roll my eyes slightly and he laughs "Enjoy your early night with your husband!" Just as he says this my husband walks into the garage. He walks over and grabs my hand "I'm taking my wife home, thanks for everything today guys" he has a glint in his eye that I'm very familiar with. He pulls me into his drivers room and immediately starts kissing my neck "Charles" I mutter "Yes Mon Amour?" He breaths out "I love you" He smiles into my lips and he starts his onslaught making my legs go weak.

"I thought you guys had left already?" Jake asks as we head out of the garage "Uhm" I manage and Charles takes over "I had some media commitments to cancel, I promise I'm taking her home now" he winks at me and I can see the marks I have left in his neck. We finally had our wedding night in his drivers cabin. It was incredible, he has been treating me like I'm going to break at any moment, and just now he didn't. It felt good to feel like myself again "Good! You look exhausted" Adam comments and I go bright red. Charles leads us into the paddock before any more damage can be done. As we wander through all of the media and team members I look up at Charles and I rest my hand on my bump, I know this image will be all over social media but I find that I don't actually care. We've been relatively private with our relationship but I want the world to know how in love I am with this man, my husband and the father of my child. This is my world, I wouldn't change a thing.