48.

Rosie
Hockenheim was one of those weekends which flew by in a blink of an eye, all of the talking with my parents after the race on Sunday has really helped me feel secure in what is the final months of my life. Mum said that her and Dad can come and stay with us in Italy on the run up to my due date and for a few weeks after I give birth. I think I had be subconsciously worrying about what was going to happen and hearing that I will have my mum means more than I think I ever realised! George still hasn't spoken to me but we did both have a busy weekend, he came 2nd in the GP which was a fantastic result and I could be more proud of him. As for Ferrari we managed 4th and 5th which isn't bad considering this circuit isn't one of our strong ones.

"Mon amour?" Charles asks pulling me out of my thoughts "The plane is about to land" he tells me and I look out of the window seeing the lights approaching. We decided to stay in Monaco for a couple of days as neither of us are due in the factory till Wednesday. It feels good to be back here after less time that it usually is. I miss this city whenever I'm gone and I think I could've grown old here, with the glitz and glamour aside it now feels like home, after everything that happened last year Monaco became my home and I wouldn't have it any other way. I unplug my belt when the seatbelt light goes off and stand up to grab my backpack out of the overhead locker "Let me" Charles insists and I decide not to argue as I am pretty exhausted. He slings my backpack over his shoulder and holds his luggage in his hand, grabbing my hand with his free one. We manage to get through airport security quickly and out to the waiting Ferrari that has been parked here since Charles flew back a couple of weeks ago.

I wander through the apartment and see Charles out on the balcony, I grab the blanket off of the sofa and make my way outside. I plonk myself down on the lounger next to him and he looks up at me with a smile. I spread the blanket over us both as it is a chilly evening here in Monaco "Do you ever wonder what Space is actually like?" He asks me and I look at him with surprise "Actually I do, although if I look at the stars for too long it gives me a weird feeling" he nods "like we are completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things?" He asks and I think for a second "Kind of, more like how are problems that can seem so huge to us actually aren't, in the grand scheme of things" I say and he smiles softly at me "Are you saying that we just need to focus on being grateful for what we do have?" I nod gently and snuggle myself into his side "I wish we could stay here, like this for the rest of forever" He mumbles into my hair leaving a soft kiss on the top of me head "what a beautiful dream" I say back feeling quite emotional that I can't stay with him forever.

I roll over, disturbed by Charles moving around in bed "I'm sorry Mon Amour, get some more sleep" he tells me settling himself back against the pillows. He runs his fingers through my hair and I let out a soft moan. He trails his fingers from my hair along my spine and I relax into his touch, there will never be a day where he doesn't have an effect on me. I roll over to face him and he looks at me "You always look beautiful in the mornings" he tells me a chuckle before bringing my lips to his. He tangles his fingers into my hair and pulls me gently closer so our lips are forced harder together. I whimper into his mouth and I feel his smirk. We haven't been close like this since we found out my diagnosis and it feels nice but we have a day to get on with. "Come on, we have plans!" I tell him and he looks beyond confused "We do?" I nod "It's a surprise, now get yourself ready" I tell him shoving him towards the bathroom as I head into the kitchen to make coffee. I pad around to the music I popped on and start dancing. It feels really good to just feel happy, like there aren't any problem, that life is okay. I spin around to get the eggs off of the counter "can I join you?" Charles asks placing his hands on my hips, and we move together to the music.

"Right, come on" I tell Charles slipping my shoes on at the door "You won't tell me where we are going?" I shake my head "Nope. But we need to be there in 15 minutes so lets go" we head out into Monaco and I follow the familiar route to the doctors office. Charles clocks on quickly "are we going to the doctor?" He asks concerned "shush! Just allow me to surprise you" I tell him and he looks beyond confused. We walk into the office and I go straight to the reception "Bonjour, I've got an appointment at 10.30" she nods "Rosie?" I confirm and she tells us to take a seat "Am I about to find out that you don't actually have cancer?" Charles jokes and I can't help the giggle that leaves my lips. "Nope, that's something that isn't going away" I say and he frowns. "Rosie" the nurse calls and we follow her into the ultrasound room "Oh my" Charles says realising why we are here "It's all been about the Cancer, nothing baby related" I tell him and he grins "We are having a baby!" He says scooping me up into a hug before the nurse tells me to lay down. I stretch my back out to get comfortable and she places the cool gel on my stomach "I will be able to tell you your due date today and take some measurements to see how baby is developing" the nurse tells us and I nod feeling the anxiety build. She moves the wand around my stomach and inputs some data on the computer. I glance over at Charles who seems fascinated and it reminds me of when he came with me before, he was supportive then and now we are getting to have our own baby. I reach out and squeeze his hand and he smiles at me so brightly as the nurse turns the monitor around "Here you go! Baby is around 9 weeks now, all of the measurements are perfect! Would you like to hear the heartbeat?" She asks and I immediately nod and the room fills with the sound of our babies heartbeat, it is magical and in that moment I know that I've made the correct decision.

We walk out of the doctors office and I feel lighter than when I went in "January, we are going to be parents in January!" He says looking the happiest I've seen him for weeks! "We are! And it is going to be amazing" I say to him and it is nice to be full of a happy feeling. "Canada this weekend! Are you excited?" He asks me changing the subject "I am actually, it's always a fun race, although I think Carlos is already getting annoyed at hearing my voice" Charles laughs "He is not! He thinks you are the best!" He assures me "He even said that you have helped him a lot already" I'm glad that Carlos is enjoying working with me as much as I am with him "I do miss George though, I had got used to pretty much spending the whole weekend with him" Charles nods "Perhaps we can stay in the UK a bit longer around the British GP?" He asks and I grin "I would adore that!" I say as we walk through the streets "That's great, shall we get some lunch?" He asks as we walk near one of our favourite cafes "Yes please, I'm starving"

*CANADA*

"Charles I can't walk any faster" I say as he is pretty much running down the paddock "I'm sorry, I forget how short you are" he jokes with me and I giggle "It's nice to see the two of you in such a good mood" I turn my head to see Seb "She tends to put me in one!" Charles tells him and Seb gives him a pat on the shoulder "Set a date for the wedding yet?" He asks a I shake my head "Probably summer break" I say and Charles sends me a smile "That is really soon! Hanna took forever to plan our wedding" he jokes and I nod "We are only going to have something small, hopefully won't take me too long to organise" he grins "Charles you are lucky with this one!" He nods "I really am,  I can count on you coming to the wedding?" He asks and I already know the answer "Of course, I wouldn't want to miss it" He tells us and says his goodbyes before we continue our walk down the paddock. "Summer?" Charles asks with a huge grin "well it would be the ideal time, if you still want to?" He shakes his head "don't be silly, of course I do" looks like we are getting married in a couple of months!

"Right Carlos, push lap please" I say over the radio, we are now doing our Quali simulations during FP3. He confirms and stars his flying lap. I watch as he makes his way to the wall of Champions when he crashes. I take a sharp breath "Carlos are you okay?" I ask quickly over the radio "Yeah, I think so, Sorry guys" He responds and I look over at the sky sports coverage and notice I that he isn't climbing out of the car "Are you sure?" I ask "Actually I can't get my legs out of the monocoque" He tells me his voice panicked "Okay, It's alright, just switch off and take the steering wheel out, the medical car is on its way" I confirm at look across to Franny who looks extremely concerned. It was a high impact crash with the front of the car taking the brunt of the force "Rosie, can you talk to me till the medics get here?" He asks me "Of course, you are going to be okay!" I say "My legs are really starting to hurt" He tells me "Well if you can feel them it means they are still there" I joke with him and he manages a laugh "They are here, thank you Rosie" He tells me and I jump off of my seat on the pit wall seeing Charles waiting in the garage doorway "I'm going to the medical centre he needs someone" I tell him and he nods giving me a quick hug "Okay, let me know how he is" he tells and and I rush out of the back of the garage into the paddock "ROSIE" I look over my shoulder to see Lando in his racing suit "Carlos?" I ask and he nods and I gesture for him to come with me.