41.

Rosie

"Okay George, strat mode 35, three five" I say over the radio as we complete our quali simulation during FP3. "Okay Rosie, am I pushing?" I look at his tyre wear data "Confirm, please keep your tyres in the window" I say hoping that it will lead to a rough idea of how quick we are going to be tomorrow. I watch him on the lap tracker and see that he is currently setting green sectors and we are fully pushing, this is the fastest we have been this season. If we can do this again tomorrow then we have a small chance of getting into Q3. I track the data and we post the 10th fastest time and I let out a little squeal. "Well done George,P10, lets see if we can do this again later" I tell him over the radio "Well done team, fantastic work!" He replies "okay, keep your delta positive and we will see you shortly" I say and hang up my headphones before heading back into the garage. "That was really impressive Rosie" Claire says as I walk over to my desk "It was all George, this circuit can bite, there is no room for error"
I say and she grins "It's you both working as a team, we are on the up and I can't be more grateful for you both" she tells me before heading back towards the other-side of the garage. After what has been a horrible and stressful few weeks it feels really good to get the results the whole team has been working really hard towards. "Well done, that was impressive" Marcus says as I take a seat next to him "Thanks, I need to focus on where we are loosing time and hopefully we get into Q3" he nods and turns his attention to the screen. He has been off with me and its making it really difficult to work effectively "Actually Marcus, we need to talk" I say and he looks at me awkwardly "About?" He replies bluntly "Well about why you have been ignoring me?" His brows furrow "I'm sorry if it has been coming across this way, I have no issues with you" I fold my arms over my chest "well you haven't been behaving like that, you haven't been yourself" he frowns at me "I'm made that you have taken Charles back, okay is that what you wanted to hear?" He snaps and my eyes widen "I'm sorry Marcus but I fail to see how this is something that concerns you?" I can't help but feel hurt at his response "It is when I'm the person who has seen how upset he made you, he broke you Rosie and I care about you and I don't want him to hurt you again" I'm trying to convince myself that he means well but his words have really hurt me "Right, I know and I was miserable without him and he makes me happy when we are together" I don't know why I'm trying to justify myself to him "well just wait till he does something again, we aren't all going to be here to pick you up again" what the actual "seriously? What is your problem? You have no right to comment on my life" I say and I grab my laptop before pushing my chair back and I walk back to the pit wall.

"Is this all we have?" George asks me "Just need too push as much as you can, you are in the optimum set up" I assure him and he confirms on the steering wheel so I know that he is focusing. My knee bounces nervously as I watch his sector times on the screens, this is our one chance to get into Q3, I need this. I watch and the times are looking promising, come on George. I tap my fingers on the desk as he goes through swimming pool "He is gonna do it" Justin tells me as Nicky went out in Q1 so although he is his engineer the whole team are helping now. I see his time pop up, P10 "YES GEORGE, that is Q3!" I tell him in full excitement, "YES, well done RoRo! That felt like a really good lap" I nod even though he can't see me "okay, come back to the garage and we will get the car sorted for the next stint" i tell him and I turn to see the pit crew getting ready for his return. "Right, we need to try and get a little higher than p10" Justin says and I nod "I know more chance of points tomorrow, the race is pretty much determined today" I say and I look at the time screen seeing that Charles is currently in P2, I really hope he can get pole here, at his home race. I hear George's engine pull into the garage "Stay in the car George, only a few minutes to green light" I say "Sure thing Rosie, any tips for the next session" I think and realise we have nothing to lose here "I have a plan, I just need you to drive every corner and breaking zone perfectly" I say "as if I don't always try" he scoffs and I giggle slightly. Right 5 minutes to the green light, time to focus "5 minutes George" I say and he confirms on wheel and I know he will be chugging his drink.

"P8 George, fantastic job!" I say over the radio feeling my nerves slightly drop after stressing the entire session. I feel like I've done a couple of laps on the track on foot. What a day, this is a fantastic result for the team as long as George can defend like hell and the pit strategies are solid we are on for a successful race. I practically skip back into the garage and see Marcus, he tries to grab my attention but I walk straight through to the meeting room, he can discuss strategies with the whole team. Although I'm used to us running it together he can just put his input in during like everyone else. I take my seat and load up the quali data on my laptop, and wait for everyone else to arrive. I tap on the laptop keys as Marcus sits down next to me "Rosie please" I refused to look at him and I just pull up the tyre strategy on my screen "I think we hope for a safety car to the ultimate strategy but otherwise it needs to be at least 35 laps in" I say knowing that the mediums are expected to last that amount of time "Rosie, I'm sorry" he tells me and I shake my head as everyone else comes in and we have to start the debrief.

Charles

I missed pole by two tenths, two tenths to Lewis. I am angry but also really pleased that it was that close. What a day of crazy emotions, its need a rollercoaster and I just can't wait to see Rosie. I walk down the paddock to Williams and I see Marcus waiting outside the garage "Is she still working" I ask as I walk over "she is waiting for me to leave" confusion washes over me "what do you mean?" I ask he he looks down at his feet "We aren't really on speaking terms and I know she is waiting for me to leave so she doesn't have to talk to me" what has happened? "Well what happened I'm sure we can get this sorted out" I say not wanting  Rosie to be upset "Well its actually your fault, I don't agree with her taking you back and I told her" my heart sinks "Really?" He nods "she should've never been treated like that, I would never treat her like that if she was mine" he tells me and it hits me "you're in love with her?" I ask and he doesn't even need to answer for me to know the truth "you're in love with me?" I spun my head round and saw Rosie stood behind us "Well I... I" Marcus stutters and I see Rosie's expression soften "Oh Marcus I'm sorry, I have never seen you in that way" she tells him and I can't hide how good it feels that she keeps choosing me. "I know, I just had hoped that I might have had a chance to change your mind, I shouldn't have taken i out on you both, I'm sorry Rosie" he says and she pulls him in for a hug "you are a fantastic person, any woman would be lucky to have you, I'm sorry that it isn't me" she says and I watch her feeling proud, she cares so much for everyone. She steps away and takes my hand "you will know when you find the right person" she looks up at me and it hits me like a train, I adore her, she is my future, she is my absolute everything. "Shall we get going?" I ask her gently and she takes my hand firmly "Let's go!" She grins and I feel my heart start to race harder.

Rosie

"It's been the longest day" I say as we walk into Charles room "But P8 Rosie that is immense!" He tells me and I kiss him hard "I love you Charles, more than I will ever be able to tell you" he smiles at me "Mon Ange there's no way that you could ever understand my love for you" I smile at him and I know that I want it spend the rest of my life with this man. "We have to go out tomorrow night" he tells me and I give him a confused look "It's Monaco, we are expected to go out" he tells me looking worried "everyone?" He nods and I find myself agreeing. Not that I am much of a party person but I'm happy to be spending tomorrow evening with him. "Hopefully we will be celebrating a win for you" I tell him and he looks down "I could've done better today" he beats himself up too much "you did fantastic and I can see you pulling off and incredible undercut tomorrow and take the win" I tell him and he grins "We can but hope, I also had a question to as you" I look at him "yeah, what's going on?" He looks nervous "Well, Franny is going to be moving back to the factory to spend more time with his family, which means that from next season I will need a new Head race engineer" wait he means me? " Me?" He smiles softly "If that is something that you would like" he looks at me nervously "I can't leave George" I mutter and he frowns "I just thought perhaps we would be able to start looking at our future, we could move to Maranello and work together" he tells me and I see the excitement in his face "Can I talk to George about it?" He nods "of course you can, Ive heard rumours about him going to Merc?" How has he already heard? George has pretty much been offered the seat with Bottas moving to Rallying. "Yeah well if he did move, I stay at Williams" he nods "so if George gets the seat then would you consider moving to Ferrari?" I nod "If he moves then I would consider it" my thoughts drift to Jake, it wouldn't be a lonely move and with everything that has happened perhaps it would be a good idea for next year. Or will it cause more issues if something happened? "I'm not trying to rush you, I know we agreed to space and working things out and that is still the plan Rosie, but I want my future with you" perhaps I will be moving to Ferrari for next season.