12

Rosie

Monaco is always absolutely manic, the amount of celebrities and fans here is always overwhelming. Staying with Charles adds another level of attention as well seeing as this is his home GP, more so than it is for us at Silverstone because he literally walked these streets to school! "Right first up is FP1" Marcus reminds me as we free practise on the Thursday in Monaco, I was in the garage till 9pm last night trying to get everything sorted with the set up for the weekend. This track is very tight and downforce is important but that is something we have always been lighter on but we have tried to find the optimal set up for this weekend. I'm feeling quite nervous, I have a bad feeling something is going to happen this weekend, something bad. I shake my head attempting to focus "right, we need to start on Strat mode 3 and we can move on as the session progresses" I say to Marcus who nods calling Adam over "Morning Rosie" he says give my shoulder a squeeze "Hey Adam, you okay?" He nods "I am, just can't shake this bad feeling I have" he has one too? "I have the same!" He looks as surprised as I feel "well that is spooky" I nod my head in a agreement "let's hope you are both wrong" Marcus chimes in "fingers crossed" I say back and we manage to focus on our preparation for free practise.

Pretty straight forward afternoon "I feel like I can get more from the car" George tells me over the radio "okay well we can push in FP3 tomorrow, let's get the car home" I tell George focusing on the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I sit and wait for the familiar car to be wheeled back into the garage, Jake shoots me a wink and I giggle to myself. I was planning that I would stay and help the guys sort the car for Saturday but as it's media day tomorrow I can head out earlier. It always throws me that we have a day between but it means that I can have an earlier finish today which is always an added bonus. I start throwing my stuff into my backpack as we have a debrief before we can head back. I lead the briefing explaining that we are going for high qualifying positing as it's all about track position in Monaco, George let's everyone else know that he feels like he can get more from the car. I'm feeling positive "Hey, what are your plans this evening?" George asks me and I shrug "I was planning on getting some sleep" he rolls his eyes "well you are boring!" I shoot him a glare "well it's amber lounge night for us, is Lando not bringing you?" I shake my head "he offered but I never get a Thursday night off over the race weekend so I'm planning on an early night and some data analysis" I can tell that George thinks I'm being boring but I don't really care, big parties aren't really my thing I practically grew up in a garage so I would be very far out of my comfort zone.

I wander back to Charles apartment by myself, I had hoped Soph would join me but she isn't here this weekend, she called in sick with food poisoning so George is spending the day tomorrow with Laura who is usually at the factory. I don't like not having Soph about but this weekend I am with both Charles and Lando. I'm curled up on the sofa with my laptop open going through today's data when they both come through the door "Rosie!" Lando shouts wrapping his arms around my shoulders and kissing my hair "missed you today" he tells me "missed you today too" I tell him as Charles takes a seat next to me "hey mon ange" I give him a grin "you both excited for tonight?" I ask and Charles shakes his head "always feels a bit much" he tells me and Lando makes a sound of agreement "you are lucky that you don't have to go" he tells me and I laugh "well an evening to myself isn't exactly what I wanted but I'm sure I will cope" they both look at me bemused "where is Soph?" And I realise they both thought I was spending the evening with her "oh she isn't here this weekend, food poisoning" Charles grimaces "that sounds like the worst" I agree and they both leave me to go get changed.

It just gone 11 so I decide to switch off the lamp and actually try to get some sleep, Lando has been messaging me all evening, keeping me in the loop as he calls it. It's been really sweet actually, he told me that the group doesn't feel the same without me and that George is always more annoying when I'm not around. It has kept me entertained that is for sure. I pop my phone on charge and drift off quite quickly after. "ah shit" I hear swearing and a slamming of a door and it wakes me up "Lando?" I ask quietly "yeah RoRo, sorry I tried to be quiet but I tripped over" if I was more awake I would be giggling so hard but I find myself drifting back off.