Regrets

The scouts immediately make their way inside the wall. Moments after, a two member of scouts was being chased by titans. Erwin commanded to go at full speed since there is no buildings nearby to use ODM gear.

Levi was beside the cart where his squad's body lies.

The titans were about to catch them.

"Hey! Drop the bodies ou-" Levi instructed.

"But Captain!" One of the scouts disagrees.

"A lot of bodies were left behind too! These aren't special anyway!" Levi shouted.

Levi's POV

I feel like I'm not myself after saying that. I saw how their bodies get thrown one by one. And everything slows down as I saw a body with gingered hair get thrown out of the cart.

Forgive me, Petra.

After a long chase, we stopped by since there is no titan sighted in the surroundings.

I saw this guy, the reason why we needed to dispose the bodies. I wanted to punch him, but my body feel so exhausted, adding the injury my ankle gets.

I get the badge that I get from Petra and give it to him. He needs it to accept the truth about his friend.

"We can't carry our comrades body home but we can carry their memories." I said blankly.

"Captain Levi!" He exclaimed and then cry.

"This is Ivan's." I lied.

The man sobbed and thanked me.

I stand beside my horse, trying to accept everything, when Hange approaches me.

"Levi..." She said in sorrowful voice. "I just knew that your squad-" She added but I cut her already.

"I don't want to talk about it." I said while looking away.

"I'm here if you needed any-" I don't want to hear anything from people. I get away from Hange who seemed really concern.
.
.
.
After taking a rest, the scouts continued their way to the wall.

After the gates open, they can hear people screaming at them.

Levi walks as if he has his own world when a man suddenly approaches him.

"Captain Levi!" He called.

"My daughter is in your squad... I'm Petra's Father." He said while smiling at Levi who project a blank expression.

Levi's POV

"Her father..." I thought to myself, still walking.

"Before she sees me, I wanted to talk to you. She sent me this letter... She mentioned that you noticed her abilities enough to let her join your squad. That she was going to devote herself to you." He said. "Well, I guess she's too starry-eyed to consider how her father feels! Well, as her father, I think it's too early for her to marry. She's still so young, with so much to experience." He added having a concern in his face.

I can feel the tense in my body. I know that I am going to breakdown when I let out a word out of my mouth. But as her daughter's Captain and her man, I need to speak with him.

I face him, trying to hold my tears from falling.

"Sir... I-uhm... I'm sorry but she didn't make it in the expedition.." I finished my sentence before my voice cracks.

A father who losses his only daughter. I can see sorrow in him. He started to cry right in front of me. There is a right time to tell him everything.

I get on my way and leave him already as Erwin called me. We still need to get at the capital and report what happen to the expedition.

This is my job and I still have to fulfill it even if I am broken. There is always a right time not to be okay.

After so many hours having a meeting with the higher ups, Hange and I  return to the HQ.

As I get close to the door, a lot of memories run down in my mind.

"You're here, Captain!"

I can never hear your voice again. The laughter every morning. I can't have a taste of your tea. I can no longer take a glimpse of your gingered hair.

"Levi..." Hange called, making me stopped of my tracks.

"I want you to know that I'm here if you want to talk about it... I loss a friend too" She said.

"T-There's no one left for me, Hange... My squad... All I can think of is that my love is gone..." I said and burst out of tears.

Hange immediately comforts me.

"I know... just remember your happiest moments with her..." She said.

"But I didn't get to tell her the things she needed to hear... the things I wanted to tell her all this time... I didn't get a chance to tell her how much she changes my life." I responded with regrets.

"Don't worry... She felt it, Levi... I'm sure she does..." She assures me.

She is the one who gives me hope. She is the reason why I started to dream to live again. She admires me for who I am.

She is my sunlight in this dark world of mine, but now, the sun is gone.

I lay on my bed after an hour talking to Hange. I reminisce our moments together, how we first talked the whole night, the times where I just hugged her before the sun rise, our conversations that always turn into laughter and our first date where I saw her genuinely smile all day.

"I should have told you how much I love you, Petra." I said to my self. I can't stop my tears. It hurts like hell to think that the woman I love is already gone.

-:-:-:-:-:-::-:-:-:-:-:-::-:-:-:-:-:-:-::--
A/N

I'm in tears...😭

As always, here is the dedicated video for this chapter. The song Call Your Name and this AMV is my inspiration for this chapter, gawd the lyrics are killing me~~~

ctto YouTube channel -PUNKDOG-
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!

*For me, CYN is really a song for Levi&Petra. If you really dig deeper to their relationship, the lyrics match  them!

We do have different opinion peeps, respect all♡

If you are truly a Rivetra Shipper, I advice you to go to TUMBLR, there are a lot *not exaggerating, BUT IT'S A LOT* of crumbs/theories/evidence/etc about them that really makes sense.