While I was gone

Petra's POV

After we came back here in Paradis, I never get a chance to go to my father. What will be his reaction if he sees me alive and well? I missed him so much. It hurts me to think how much her suffered after losing his only daughter.

I am leaving the HQ to go at my father's house.

"Petra!" Someone called me. I turn around and saw Eld.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Oh... I am going to my father..." I responded.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" He asked.

"No, it's okay. I can do it by myself. Thank you." I said and smiled at him.

"Okay, just don't scare him too much!" He advised me.

Yeah, he might think I'm a ghost.

I roam around the streets. This hasn't change that much. It does feels like my hometown.

I arrived at our house. A lot of memories flash in my mind.

I let out a deep breath, and knocked few times. It opened as soon as I thought.

As soon as my father saw me, I can see that he was really shocked as if he saw a ghost.

I smiled and hugged him tightly. He's my only family left.

"Father...." I called as tears run down my cheeks.

"How- P-Petra! You're-" He utterly said.

"Alive. I'm alive, Father." I sobbed.

We shed tears together out of happiness.

"H-How did this happen? Am I dreaming? My daughter is alive!" He exclaimed.

I let out a small laugh, "It's a long story, but at least I'm here already."

We enter the house, and welcome me with his signature tea. I missed this ambiance so much, where I spend my childhood.

I tell him everything. On how Commander Erwin convinced us to fulfill the mission, the serum, how we discovered the people on the other side, just everything happens to us.

After telling him my long story, I get to ask about him. "How have you been this whole 4 years? What happens to you after my death, father? "

"Well, after Levi told me that you are dead back then, I sobbed in front of him." He said while tearing up remembering those days.

"He called him Levi only?" I thought to myself.

"I'm really sorry for that... As much as I wanted to tell you about our mission, I can't since it's really confidential..." I responded.

"I'm just thankful that I surpassed that days... Don't worry, Levi stays by my side for the past 4 years... He always checked on me! Oh, he really let me experience to have a grown up son for a while..." He said and lowered his head.

I remember. I was young that time when my brother passed away. If he's alive now, I'm sure he would be a great soldier.

"He what?" I asked in disbelief. How can he do that? Did he tell him everything?

"Oh... I know your relationship with him, honey. I was shocked that he was the one to confirm my conclusion back then. We get along together while you are gone." He explained.

I was stunned by what my father told me. He takes care of him? Is he serious?

My father and I talked for hours. But I made my way already because it's getting dark.

As soon as I enter the HQ, I can hear my friends and Levi's conversation. They are always like that, I understand that there are a lot of catching up. They treat each other like friends now, cause the 4 of us are  inactive soldiers for a while.

I passed them and went to my room. After rolling in my bed for a long time, I was about to fall asleep when I heard someone knocks at my door.

I quickly bolted up and opens it. Ugh! I was startled to see Captain in front of my door.

"What is it, Captain?" I asked.

Am I ready to talk to him? After ignoring him for the past few days because of my fear that he changed and after knowing what he has done for my father, I feel guilty. 

"Oh... Go back to bed, I will not disturb you, I'm sorry." He said and was about to leave.

"We can talk now." I firmly said.

We decided to head at the rooftop. This feels familiar. This is where I confessed my feelings to him. As usual, we sat on the edge of it.

"Eld told me that you go to your father earlier..." He started our conversation.

"Yeah..." I timidly responded.

"I'm sorry, Petra." He said while looking away. I remain silent.

"I don't know exactly what happens to you, how much you go through the pain while you are awa-" He said but I cut him off.

"No, I'm sorry." I said while looking at him.

"I'm sorry that I needed to fulfill what Commander Erwin assigned to us. That I didn't tell you a better goodbye." A tear fell down my cheeks.

"No, it's not your fault, Petra. When you are gone, I have a lot of regrets... I didn't get to tell you everything I feel." He said while crying too.

"I love you, Petra. Even if 4 years have passed already, I still love you." He added.

I was speechless. I didn't expect that this time would come for us.

"It hurts like hell to wake up every day, remembering that you are gone. So, when I saw you again, a ray of sunlight came back in my world." He confessed.

"Please... I would do everything for us to be together again... Even if it takes a lot of time, I can wait for you..." He said.

I can feel my heart melts as he showed his true emotions. He truly cares about me.

"Yeah, let's try to make this work again." I said while wiping his tears away.

After our conversation, I go back to my room and rest.

We both agree start all over again.

-:-:-:-:-::-:-:-:-:-:-:-::-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-::-:-:-:-:-