The Unthinkable

Days after Hange unfolds Erwin's on-going mission for the S.O.S Squad, she held a sudden meeting for all of the regiment.

Levi's POV

We are all summoned at the capital.
I'm sure that this is Hange's celebration party for being the 14th Commander of Survey Corps.

I am getting ready to go outside when my gaze landed on the vase of Hyacinth laying on my desk.

"Her favorite flower..." I thought to myself.

After hours of transportation, I arrived at the capital.

I immediately saw Eren with the other scouts having a chitchat.

"Eren, where's Hange?" I asked.

"I think I saw her at the hallway back there." He instructed.

Even from afar, I immediately saw Hange pacing back and forth. I approached her to asked what this meeting is all about.

"Hange."I called her. She gets startled and laugh.

"Oh! Levi! You're here already!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, what this meeting is all about?" I asked in confusion. I saw the hesitation on her face. Weird.

"I-uhm... you'll know later..." She said in a nervous voice.

Four eyes isn't like this. There is something off this day.

"Hey... Are you okay? You seem agitated. What's the matter?" I asked in confusion.

"Ahhh... Levi... It's nothing... Just listen later..." She said and then enters the assembly room.

Moments after, we are allowed to enter already. I sat down near the window.
.
.
.

Hange immediately go to the center to begin the meeting. She started to look at each of everyone's seat.

"Greetings to everyone, thank you for coming here in a short notice. I-I don't really know where to start... As the new commander of Survey Corps, I am obliged to move at Erwin's former office. This happens 3 days ago, I decided to continue moving my things on the next day. So when the other scouts leave already, I sat on Erwin's desk and open the drawers randomly..." She said, still nervous.

Everyone at the room seemed confused on what is she really talking about. Levi was confused too, but more concern on his only friend left.

"I began looking at the things Erwin left at the drawers, and suddenly, I notice a folder having a label "Special Operation Squad." She explained.

Levi's POV

I can feel my heart started to beat fast.

Hange continued, "Out of my curiosity, I pick that folder up, and to my surprise, there is a journal attached to it. The folder only contains some document of the former S.O.S Squad, who died tragically on the 57th Expedition.

"Eld Jinn"
"Oluo Bozado"
"Gunther Schultz"
"Petra Ral"

"I didn't get to hear that name for few months now." I thought to myself.

"I switch my attention to the journal. It's Erwin's. That journal contains his plans that he can't entrust to anyone. You know him, he works that way. Erwin stated that there is a high chance of possibility that they are still alive." She said in a serious tone.

Everyone in the room is shocked. How can they be alive? Their bodies are thrown out of the cart and get smashed by the titans.

The rooms were filled with different reactions.