Time to save them

Levi's POV

"Hey..." Hange sat beside me.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" She asked.

"I guess? After a long time, this is our shot." I answered.

Honestly, I don't know what to expect. I can't think of anything else aside from longing her.

I can't really sleep tonight. A lot of what ifs are passing in my mind. What if she falls out of love for me? What if she develops her feelings for Oluo? What if she's angry at me? What if she's not really alive?

Overthinking everything up until dawn. I prepared my luggage and fix my tuxedo. As I get downstairs, I saw these brats bragging their unique clothes to each other. Well, the Azumabito gave this to help our disguise and blend to the people there.
.
.
.
We arrived at Liberio. Just like in Paradis, there are a lot of normal people, vendors, children, and families.

We are all stunned by their infrastructure. They are advance compared to us. But I didn't forget the reason why we are here.
.
.
.

It's been 5 days since we came here, but we can't still have a sight of each one of them. But I still hope that in the following days, we'll have a good news.

We've been talking to other people and asked each of them if they saw someone in our description, but nothing.

Our budget is getting smaller since these brats eat a lot of new foods here.

Ice cream? This cold and sweet mixture that is put in this biscuit having a shape of triangular.

Ugh! I just want to find them. I don't even sleep and just roam around to see if destiny will side at me.
.
.
.
.

Nothing.

We only have 4 days left before returning to Paradis. Eren and the others are losing hope. We have tried to scatter around in groups to find them everyday.

I can't really sleep thinking about them. Hange keeps telling me to sleep because it's hard to become ill here.

I hear footsteps behind me. It's Eren.

"Captain, aren't you going to sleep?" He asked while sitting beside me.

"No. Go back there and get some rest. We'll need it for tomorrow." I said firmly.

"You are still determined up until this time?" He asked in disbelief.

"Are you not?" I asked back.

"Captain, I know your relationship with Petra-san." He confronted me. This brat.

"You don't know anything, brat. Just go back there." I said, trying to calm myself.

"I saw you hugged her back then." He said bravely.

I was shocked. So, all this time, he knew our relationship. What a great boy.

"I don't know how painful this is for you, Captain. But you must be ready for what the outcome might be." He said.

How can this boy have a courage to say that to me?

"I know, brat. Just go to Mikasa and spend your time with her. Don't mind my feelings." I said out of irritation. His cheeks turn red as I mention Mikasa. If I didn't know that she is an Ackerman, I would treat her like this guy in front of me.

"J-Just be ready... I-I'll get going now.." He utterly said.
.
.
.

3 more days have passed, still nothing. We've searched every street in Marley but we can't still find a trace of them.

Short woman, Gingered color short hair, brown eyes. Two tall man, one is blonde, one has brown hair, has strong features. And the other one have beige undercut hair and always bite his tongue.

How difficult that is to find?

But at the back of my mind, I'm starting to worry.

I roam around this unfamiliar street by myself. I can smell the fragrance of Hyacinth nearby so I follow that when I saw from afar a man with beige undercut hair. Oluo.

I was running so fast to approach that guy when suddenly I bumped into a girl. Shit. I immediately help her to get up and pick her belongings that is now at the ground. I gaze at her as her hoodie falls from her head.

"P-Petra!?"

"Levi!" I felt someone is shaking my shoulder.

I open my eyes and saw Hange.

It's just a dream.

"Wake up already! Didn't I tell you to wake up early!? It's our last day here! Come on!" She shouted.

I immediately bolted up and fix my bag. We started again our search. Our last chance to find them.

After so many hours, we ended up nothing. I can see exhaustion from  everyone. Maybe it's time to accept that they didn't really survived.

All of us are gathering in a park.

"Levi..." Hange suddenly hugged me and patted my back.

I can suddenly feel my exhaustion, physically and emotionally.

Tears fell down my cheeks. I can't hide my feelings anymore. I feel helpless.

If only I could change everything, I would do anything do bring her back in my arms again.

-:-:-:-:-:-::-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-::-:-:-:-:-:-::-:-
A/N

I'm crying, missing my loverrrrrr. I don't have the power, on my side foreverrrrr~😭

Stay tune for the upcoming chapters...

Here is the dedicated video for this chapter♡

ctto YouTube channel -XXXBLACKLOLITAROSE-