chapter 71 ~ here lies a bitch named mom

"I'm sorry, that old guy that just beat up Frank is our grandfather?" I helped the man into a chair, handing him a cloth for his bloody nose.

I mean, now I get where Monica got her spunk from....

"How did-how did she-" He could barely get the words out but we all knew what he was trying to say.

"It was an aneurysm" Fiona sighed as I took a sip of my beer. "The doctors said she didn't suffer"

"Bullshit!" We all looked towards the man as he slammed his fist on the table. "She suffered the moment she hooked up with that shit bird"

Calling Frank a shit bird...now that was a new one. But I couldn't say I didn't blame him.

I mean if Frank and Monica never got together, the lot of us wouldn't exist, which would probably be for the best, and she probably wouldn't have did as much coke as she did the day she died.

"When is the funeral?" He asked as I slowly placed down my drink. Right, funeral....

"Well we're kinda broke so we were gonna cremate-" My words were cut off as Grandpa Bill placed a wad of cash in front of me. "Or mom can get a proper burial...say some nice words and shit"

I quickly pocketed the money before any of my grimy siblings could steal it for themselves. And as much as the mixed feeling for my mom were....I guess she didn't deserve to be burned like a witch.

I scooted off the counter at the sound of the front door, happily grabbing my daughter from Mickey.

"That your baby?" Grandpa asked as Mick wrapped his arms around my waist. God even with family he had to be over-protective.

"Yeah, this...this is Monica" He seemed surprised by her name as the whole room fell quiet. "It's getting late, I'm gonna put her to bed"

I quickly made my way into my room, placing Moni onto my bed as I grabbed the load of Franks drugs. Look we didn't fucking need this crap and I definitely didn't want it around my daughter.

I shoved the bags into a shoe box, slamming my closet door shut as I heard the sound of feet running up the stairs.

"Where the hell is it?" Frank yelled as I moved my daughter into her bed.

"Gone..hidden...i'll destroy it tomorrow" I forced myself against the wall as he started tearing apart my room, barley missing Moni with the shit he was throwing. "What the fuck Frank!"

"Give it back! Now!"

"Or what?"

A different look wove over his eyes and before I knew it I was being thrown out of the room, something tight grasping around my throat. I gasped for air but before anything could escalate he was being thrown off me by all my siblings.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Ian snapped as I slid into Mickeys arms.

"That was your mothers! She was worried about you, all of you, she wanted to leave you something!"