Chapter 29

Chapter 29

I just stayed there, shocked staring at Blake's back, my mind completely blank.

What the hell had just happened?

I got ready to just run after him again, and I don't know apologize or something, but the bell rang, and I had to get to class.

Damn that Blake.

Minutes ago, I was the one furious at him, and now I actually felt guilty for screaming at him like that.

That bitch was so using reverse psychology. And it was fracking working.

I walked to my class, mulling over what Blake had just said, what had just happened.

Was he really serious? Would he stop talking to me? Stop annoying me and borderline stalking me?

But the real question that bothered me the most was, was this really what I wanted?

When I got to my class, I plopped on the first empty seat trying to think about something else, but then, few minutes later, sure thing, Blake walked in the room.

Hmm. I didn't even remember him being in this class with me. Wow. How stupid and unobservant was I really?

He looked sad. If I hadn't believed in the sad eyes before, now I was sold. And the weirdest thing was that he went to talk with Mark and he didn't even seem to notice it.

How could I have not seen this sooner?

Seriously?

"Earth to Lexi," Daphnee said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

Damn, I hadn't even seen her sit in front of me.

"You staring at the hot football player?" she asked smirking a little.

"I'm not staring," I answered hastily.

"Oh you're sooo staring. Damn, when did this start? I'm here every day for over a year after her last boy toy and then I leave two weeks, two weeks, and that's when my fellow bitch decides to have a fling for the hot jock? I'm hurt."

"Shut up! That's so not what's going on here," I assured her.

"Oh, so there's no emotional attachment, it's strictly a sexual thing?"

"Daphnee, not even funny," I told her, scowling a little but she waved the matter away with her hand.

"Because just so you know, our pimp won't agree with this."

"Thought we were free agents now?" I answered her, trying to change the topic.

"Nope, we're back with a pimp. The business was too slow without him," she said and chuckled a little. "Speaking of our pimp, you're coming with us this weekend we have to go shopping, and I want that box for CD with the Beatles written on it. And I want us to go to that clothes shop I never remember the name of, with the sexy cashier."

"You realize that dude was gay right?" I laughed.

"Yeah, I know, it's not for me, it's for our pimp," she said and smirked a little. "Noticed how he's texting all the time? I had one class with him and that's all he was doing. I'm telling you, that boy is hiding something from us," she whispered to me.

"You mean you think," I trailed not wanting to say it out loud, if people were listening.

Except for me, Vanessa, Daphnee, and his parents, no one knew about Alex's real orientation, and I wasn't going to be the one making him come out of the closet.