Chapter 48 Part 1

Chapter 48 Part 1

When I woke up in the morning, last night events kept replaying in my head.

Maybe it really was a good thing for me to be away from Blake for a few days. It could help me clear up my head, and potentially quell this obsessive part of me that seemed to awaken around him.

I sat up in my bed, and looked at the bag I had packed last night, that was just waiting for me to pick it up and leave.

But first I had to go to school.

So, I got up, and walked to Ty's bedroom to wake him up.

Half an hour later, I parked at school. Ty went his way to see his friends and I walked towards a smiling Alex.

"Well, someone looks happy," I smiled, while making my way, side by side with him inside the school halls.

"Well, I am happy," Alex said, smiling even more.

"Do I want the details?" I chuckled a little and stopped in front of my locker.

"Oh please! What are you imagining?" he laughed. "We sorted things out, you know, talked."

"And he really does like you, right?" I said, trying to keep my voice down, but unable to keep my happiness for my friend hidden.

"Yeah," Alex half smiled, his gaze dropping like a little kid with a school crush.

"Aw! Look at you," I laughed and pinched his cheek. "Papa Bear's in love."

"Don't rub it in, Kitty," Alex chuckled a little, pushing my shoulder playfully.

"You're too cute," I smiled as I took my books out and closed my locker.

We were walking to our class when I saw Daphnee practically skipping to us.

"My pimp," she announced pointing at Alex. "I think I'm going to need you to come to the flea market with me on Sunday. I'm going to make that hot guy selling canvas jealous and then freaking drag him in the back alley. It's pissing me off that he's always—" she started to rant, making me laughed, but then my thoughts were dragged elsewhere.

Blake was in front of his locker and a girl from the track team was speaking with him, but like laughing more than necessary and purposely touching his arm.

I scowled a little.

And I wanted to punch myself for that, because that was simply pathetic. He could talk with whoever he wanted, and it wasn't because he was laughing too that he was going to drag her in a seminar.

Hanging out with someone of the opposite sex did not mean that you were interested in them romantically. I should know. I had a lot of guy friends.

Why couldn't' I extend the same kind of curtesy to Blake's own girl friends?

It didn't have to mean anything. And even if it did, who was I to judge that?

I really hated being this irrational lately around Blake freaking Eaton.

"Earth to Lexi," Daphnee said, snapping her fingers in front of my face, looking at me with an amused smile. "Stop picturing the hot running back naked and answer my question."

"I'm sorry, what was the question?" I replied sheepishly.

"Will I or will I not get hepatitis if I bang someone in a dirty dark alley? Alex, what you're saying is just prejudice! It's not like need have any contact with the—" she started to ramble but I stopped her, laughing.