Chapter 40

"You actually sound like you'd enjoy that," Josh laughed behind us.

I stopped, dead in my track, turned around and narrowed my eyes at Josh. "Say that again Mister Puss?"

"Hey, I'm just saying, Stockholm syndrome is making a come back," Josh grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Please, I'm not pathetic like that."

"Well, true. You did turn down the Blake serenading at your window offer the other night," Josh frowned.

"It was naked at the window, but whatever," Blake corrected, smirking.

I scowled at Blake. "You told him that?"

"Don't you remember? I told you I was having an argument. I was with Josh working on his mural, and we were discussing the fact that creepy unhealthy things seem romantic to kids these days."

"At least we know you haven't fallen for it," Josh chuckled.

For one tiny second, I was actually a little disappointed. I guess in the back of my mind I would have liked to think Blake really was waiting at my window, not naked but yeah. Even though they were right and it was creepy, for some strange reason I wanted to have someone that would drop everything they were doing to show up just to surprise me.

"Alright, let's go eat. I'm starving," Blake whined and dragged me again towards the stairs, but I stopped, because I needed to use the bathroom, and it would be smarter to go now, than during dinner.

"I gotta go to the bathroom first," I told him and then frowned, trying to think of where the bathroom was exactly. "Which is where?"

Was I supposed to use Blake's one or some other really expensive looking one, with a golden toilet seat bowl and silk as toilet paper?

"The door right beside the computer Pumpkin, though you might want to be careful. I'm not sure if I gave the right amount of sedative to my whore this time," Blake frowned and then chuckled at his bad joke.

"You're an idiot Blake," I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks! Oh, and just follow the music to get to the dinning room after," Blake laughed and I walked towards the door, not so sure what he was talking about while he headed out with Josh.

"Why the hell were you acting like an asshole?" I heard Blake hissed before I closed the door of the bathroom behind me.

"I'm doing you a favor, just..." Josh said but his voice got lost in the stairs.

Huh?

Acting like an asshole?

I didn't dwell on this bit of conversation though, because for one second my mind focussed on something else. I was in Blake's bathroom, alone. I could look in all his drawers like some stalker. That could be funny, though I was worried for a second about everything I could find in here.

This was Blake after all.

The bathroom, like everything in this house, was really beautiful. There was a big shower and a big bathtub on my left and then the sink and toilet on my right, everything in beige and cream tones. And on my right between the toilet and sink there were four steps and a door. That made me even more curious.

Once I was done and washing my hands, I couldn't help but walk up the steps and then turn the doorknob.

I was all braced for some high-tech computer room with weapons, or a torture chamber, you know, something worth a cliché novel, but then pouted at what I saw.

It was just his closet.

His very full closet, which also had a door on the right that opened on the second floor, to Blake's library.