Chapter 42

Chapter 42

I got in my car and drove away, with the powerful need to just hit my head against the steering wheel.

What the hell was wrong with me? I would have almost fracking made out with Blake in his room, if Josh hadn't dropped in. And now I just kept over thinking about the fracking hug. This was getting into a serious issue.

This was Blake we were talking about. As much as he was nice to me now, he was still Blake, Blake the guy every girl wanted, the guy that could have every girl he wanted, and he did... twice probably. As far as I knew, every time we talked late he might be coming back from some random hook-up.

Who was to tell he wasn't acting this way with every girl? Why would he care about me more than in friendly terms? I had nothing more to offer than any other girls. I was pretty annoying actually. And unobservant. And I had no boobs whatsoever which usually was kind of a deal breaker.

He just stood there and didn't give me a hug. Everyone gave me a hug.

Why. Didn't. He. Give. Me. A. Hug?

He was on freaking top of me in his room, but didn't even give me a goodbye hand shake?

Or was I supposed to have made the first move? Was that the problem? Was he waiting for me to go for the hug?

Ugh!

I hated over thinking things like that.

Alright breathe Lexi. It didn't mean anything. STOP CARING.

Ugh...

It was few seconds later that I realized I had driven past my house, again, and for the same damn reason. Because I was too engrossed overthinking about hot Blake.

Hot Blake?

Oh god, I really needed help, didn't I?

I drove back, and then parked in our alley, and mentally scowled at myself, walking to my house.

It was slowly getting dark. We were the end of the day, and Dad and Ty hadn't turned on the lights outside so it just felt like I was walking in an abandoned house. The first thing I did when I walked in was to switch the lights on, and then I went to look around for everyone.

When I passed my father's door, I could hear him lightly snoring so I didn't bother him, and Ty was sleeping too.

I felt bad for not being there with them.

I wondered what they had been up to. Where they alright?

I guessed I would have to wait for the answers tomorrow.

I walked to my room, not feeling sleepy at all and decided I needed to call Vanessa, so I let myself fall back on my bed, and then, staring at the ceiling, put the phone against my ear.

"You are neglecting me Lex," she greeted me.

"What's up with the hey, how are you? When did people stop using that?" I trailed, happy to hear the voice of my best friend.

"It died when you stopped calling me."

"That's a two way stream, girl," I laughed.

"Oh, don't you put this on me, Miss Grayson. I'm putting all the blame on you," she said laughing a little too. "How are you doing Lex?"

"Me? Okay. Tyler? Not so good."

"I didn't ask about him."

"Please, you can't hide anything from me. I know you all but sewed your lips shut to not beg me to give you a full report on Ty's every movement," I snorted.