Chapter 29: Broken Hearts

When you really love someone, you’ll do anything to be with them. Sometimes it also means letting them go.

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

          Getting your heart broken would probably be the worst feeling in human history. Getting your heart broken should be illegal. I tried to take my eyes off the both of them, but I seemed to have frozen in my spot. My legs wouldn’t respond when I wanted to run away from the scene. Running away..that was probably the one thing I was good at.

           After kissing Rachel for a few seconds, Jason pulled away from her. His eyes held confusion and guilt as he looked at her. Rachel, on the other hand, looked like she was the happiest girl in the world as she grinned at him like a lovesick person. Jason’s eyes drifted to where I was standing and his eyes widened. His lips turned into a flat line as his stare turned into a glare. He hated me. He was hurt and he didn’t want me anymore. Once I was in control of my actions again, I wiped away the tears that flowed freely from my cheeks and immediately ran away to anywhere, anywhere as long as I was far away from them.

          It would be almost impossible to heal a broken heart.

Keith

          I had just dropped Alison off at the address she gave me. But my phone started ringing, Alison’s name flashing on the screen. She wanted me to fetch her so soon? Deep down in my gut, I knew that something was very wrong. Without even thinking twice, I made a sharp U-turn and went back for Alison. If anything happened to her, it would be all my fault.

          “Hello?” I answered the call, hoping that Alison was all right.

          She didn’t speak, but I could hear the sound of uneven breathing and sniffing. She was obviously crying again, and it broke my heart to have any of my friends cry.

          “Alison, please say something...where are you?”

          I heard her inhaled deeply, probably trying to control her crying. “I’m at Sally’s pizza place. I want to go home, Keith.” She said, before I heard sobs through the phone. I bit my lip, controlling myself from cursing some colourful words towards Jason. Alison would only cry for one person and that person was Jason. If she was crying now, that meant something terrible happened and it included him.

          “Alison, I need you to dry your tears. I’ll be there in two minutes.” I told her through the phone, my grip on the steering wheel tightening.

          “I love him, Keith. I really did.”

          I feel the temperature around me rising as I got furious with Jason again. But deep down I knew that it wasn’t fully his fault either. Rachel messed with their relationship, broke it and stole it. She was going to pay.

          “I know, Alison. I know.”

Jason

          There was a knock on my bedroom door and I grumbled, not really having the mood or time for anyone right now. After realizing Allie had watched me kiss Rachel, I felt like the worst person on earth and I really didn’t want to deal with anyone. Kissing Rachel was just an experiment, to see if I loved her or not, and to see if I still loved Allie. If I felt guilt, that meant I still loved Allie. If I didn’t, that meant she wasn’t the one.

          Every experiment had their level of danger. This one was high and the guilt I’ve felt was overwhelming.

          Eventually whoever that was on the other side kicked open the door. Keith strode in and grabbed me by the collar before slamming my back against the wall. “You. Did you know how heartbroken Alison is?!”

          “Not my problem. I bet if I was out of the picture, you can just heal her broken heart and then date her, marry her and probably even f-“ I didn’t even get to finish my sentence before a punch landed on my cheek. My head snapped towards Keith’s direction. Fury was present in his eyes, showing how much he cared for Alison.

         “It IS your problem, Jason. The only reason why Alison avoided you was because the girl you kissed  back at the restaurant told Alison that YOU would get hurt when she is forced to marry me! You idiot, she loves you. She doesn’t want to see you hurt!” I could see how Keith was trying his best to not punch me again. His fist was clenched and so was his jaw.

         But he wasn’t done with scolding me. He opened his mouth, I expected him to scold him or maybe even curse me, but instead he said the next few words in a calm voice, “Before you take all your anger out on Allie, the girl you ‘love’ so much, think about her feelings. Sometimes girls don’t say what they really mean. They just wait for the one they love to hear what they are really saying in their heart.”

For more updates, follow me @ashleyy_wattpad on Twitter!

P.S. this is just a filler chapter. I'll make a longer chapter tonight or tomorrow!