Chapter 8: The Beach House

Hey guys!~ Let me just tell you guys that you would love this chapter. (Well, I loved it at least.) I can't say that I didn't! You may proceed to read. 

Chapter 8: The Beach House

Alison

     Mom had prepared dinner on the table by the time I finished exploring the beach and went back to the beach house. Neil and John were on the front porch, playing their guitars. The songs they sang were unfamiliar so I didn't bother them or joined in. Jamie and Matt were sleeping at the sofa, they were probably tired from the long car ride. 

     "Alison dear, help me call the others. Dinner's ready." I nodded and went to inform the others. John and Neil instantly left their instruments and disappeared to the dining area. Jason didn't need to be told, he stood up and made his way there before I could even say a single thing. Jamie insisted that she would join us later after a cold shower. Matt wouldn't wake up, so I just left him on the sofa and joined the others myself. 

     I sat beside John and right opposite of Jason. He wouldn't look up and his eyes kept avoiding my own. As everyone ate their food, I couldn't help but enjoy the sound of them chatting with one another. The only ones who weren't talking were probably Jason and myself. Mom kept on giving glances to Jason and I with that curious expression on his face. "The both of you seem gloomy. You know what, your dad and I will plan something." 

~~

     After dinner, the rest of us discussed about the rooming. We've decided that Jamie and I would room together while Matt and Jason will room together. Neil and Jay will room together while John(the mature one) could get his own room. Everyone seemed fine with it so we took our bags and went to our respective rooms. Ours had a view of the trees and the beautiful moon. If you turned off the lights, the moonlight would shine through the window and lit up the room. Jamie disappeared downstairs after throwing her bags on her bag and went away. 

     There was a knock on the door and without the lights turned on, I could recognize him. "Nice room. I remember the last time I spent my summer here." My eyes widened in realization, remembering that this was the room that Jason and I roomed together few years ago. Last time I had a telescope near the window so we spent almost the whole night watching and counting the stars. But I ended up falling asleep when I got tired. 

     "I fell asleep counting the stars." I laughed at myself. He chuckled and sat on my bed, looking outside the window. How did that boy became the Jason I knew now? 

     I sat next to him and looked outside the window too. Being in the dark with him was surprisingly...nice. "What happened to us? What happened to our friendship? It was awesome back then." He looked down at his hands and fumbled with them a bit before answering me. 

     "It doesn't really matter. The past is the past." He looked at me and smiled. Those blue eyes bore into mine. I've never been in love before, never fell for any other guy. I never really know what was it like to be in love...until now. I stared at him and felt myself breathing unevenly. I felt myself smiling back at him, my cheeks slowly heating up from the closeness. 

     Jamie burst through the door and started apologizing when she realized I wasn't alone. "Sorry! Did I interupt something? Umm, the others are having a bonfire, you guys were asked to join. Sorry!" With that, she left the both of us looking at each other, bursting into laughter. 

~~

     We had a separate bonfire, the adults had a separate one from us. Mom's idea was so the adults could bond together while the rest of us 'bond'. After we were really sure that the adults were deep in their conversation, Jay took out a whole tray of alchoholic drinks. "Enjoy everyone." Matt grabbed one and so did Neil, Jamie and Jason. John and I decided to stay sober so the both of us could handle the others when they're drunk. 

     "I'm tired of hating you." I turned to Jason who was sitting beside me. 
     "You've been acting like a jerk lately." I responded. He took a sip of his drink and faced me.
     "I know. I'm sorry about that. I want to propose a truce." He smiled at me before looking at the fire burning. 
     "So we friends now? No more hating around?"

     He didn't respond at first. But after a few seconds, he nodded. "Yeah. Friends."

~~ 

     After the others had a few drinks and almost fell into the fire a few times, John and I knew that it was time to get them back to their rooms. Matt and Jamie were holding onto each other, tripping over each other occasionally as they made their way to the living room. Once they reached there, they collasped on the sofa and were completely out. 

     John had went to help Neil and Jay so that leaves Jason and I, still sitting on the sand. "Jason, sober up a bit. I need to get you to bed." I wrapped an arm below his arm and placed his other arm around my shoulder. I stood up first before pulling him along. John looked at me as if asking if I needed assistance. I shook my head and gave him a weak smile. He wasn't convinced, but he continued to help his two best friends anyway. 

     Oh great, which room was his? 

     I sighed and decided that he could sleep in my room for tonight. I could sleep at the sofa. I carefully and slowly let go of him and watch him fall on the bed. He looked so tired.. 
     I pulled the covers up to his chest and prepared a small plastic bag at the side of the bed, in case he wanted to throw up or something. I was about to get out from the room when a hand pulled me.

     "Jason, let go." I tried pulling my hand away but he was too strong. "Let go!" I used my other hand to push his hand away but I stopped when I heard him say "Don't go, Allie..."

     I softened and went to his side. "What is it? You feel okay?"

    "Stay...stay..." I felt a slight tug in my chest.

    "I'll be here, just go to sleep."

     "Sleep beside me..."

     "You're drunk, Jason. Remember that you have a girlfriend back home."

     "Please stay, Allie..." I sighed and climbed into the bed, keeping a distance between Jason and I.

     I stared outside the window, looking away from Jason. It was official. I fell for him.