Chapter 21: A stranger's advice

So I know most of you are upset with me because of the last chapter. But since when my story endings are horrible, right? 

xx

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Chapter 21

Alison

For the next few days, I ignored my mother as much as I could. Mom told me to not tell anyone about the deal between her and Mr Westwood until the right time approached. So the only few people who knew were John, Jay, Neil, the two blondes and of course, Jason. For days, we didn't talk because we thought we needed some time with ourselves. 

"Earth to Alison?" Deana nudged me at the ribs, making me jump in my seat. It was lunch time at Nathanville High and I was surprised that I could get lost in my thoughts at such a noisy cafeteria. My egg tuna sandwich stayed untouched on my tray the whole time. Keith gave me a worried look, he was one of the very few people who knew how much the 'deal' had affected me. The minute I started avoiding Jason, he knew something was wrong. 

"Sorry, Deana. I was thinking about things. What is it?" I forced her a smile and tried to listen to what she had to say even though I really didn't feel like socializing with anyone. The sides of Deana's mouth curved into a sad smile as she patted my shoulder. 

"Look I know the whole thing is not making you feel any better, but I think you should go out tonight! There's a fun fair going on this week! You could go with me and Oliver." Oliver? Who was Oliver? I narrowed my eyes at her, beckoning her to give me further explanations. She gave me a sheepish look before saying, "He's cute, okay? He asked me out and if you go, I could ask one of his friends to accompany you so you won't feel like a third wheel." 

"Why can't Keith go? Besides, I'm already dating someone else?" My eyes reluctantly drifted to Jamie and Matt's table where Jason and the others were. While the others were in their usual chatter, Jason kept on looking outside the windows and his food looked untouched. Was he thinking of me? 

Keith placed his spoon down and said, "Sorry, Alison. My parents are actually bringing me to watch this show two towns over." I groaned internally, knowing that I couldn't back out now. Even if I wanted to, Deana would find some way to get me to go along with her idea. But she was right at one thing. I couldn't keep on being gloomy about this whole situation. A sixteen-year-old girl needed to get out and have fun while she was young! 

"Fine fine, just ask Owen or Oliver to bring one of his friends. At least when you ditch me, I can have somebody to talk to." I waved my hand and pushed my tray away, suddenly losing my appetite. Not like I had one to begin with, of course. I excused myself and went to get my books out of my locker early since there was only two minutes left before the bell rang, indicating that classes were starting. 

On the way to my locker, I spotted the manipulative witch from the west leaning against my locker. "Oh darling Alison, where have you been? I haven't seen you in school for the last few days! I thought you were back from Paris long time ago?" Myra showed her pearly whites, faking a grin at me. After we came back from Paris, John told me that Deana had won another year of being school president and that drove Myra insane because she thought she was so sure of winning it. Also, I haven't been attending school for the past few days and dad insisted that I needed time to think before going back to school to socialize.