Chapter 18: Reunited

So it's Friday, and camp is over so here's the chapter all of you have been waiting for :) I have to admit, I did miss writing about Alison and Jason being happy. Anyways, continue to vote for your favorite team and vote for the chapter :) 

Love ya guys.

Jacqueline J.

Chapter 18: Reunited

Alison

    Keith came back to the penthouse later on and found me with a bowl of ice-cream. It was awkward, but I was thankful that Keith didn't try to bring up the subject. "Sorry I ditched you. I wasn't myself today, I guess." I gave an awkward smile and stuffed a spoonful of ice-cream into my mouth. Keith nodded and fiddled with his fingers as he sat down beside me on the couch. "Jason will be here at seven." I decided to tell him. 

     He looked at me with wide eyes. "What?" 

     "He told me that he was going to take the next flight to Paris. I didn't think he was serious." 

     "Why would he do that?" Keith sounded really curious. 

     "I might have...told him I missed him. I told I miss my best friend." Keith's had a mixed expression on his face. Hurt, confusion and shock. Oh great now I feel guilty. "I'm just going to go take a nap." I excused myself and went to my room. I made sure I locked the door behind me before flopping onto the bed. 

     I plugged in my headphones and listened to 'Superman' by Joe Brooks. My heart beat slowed down and I felt calm as I dozed off into sleep. 

     I was back in Nathanville. I was standing in the middle while my band members surrounded me with their backs turned to me. "Guys?" I called out to them. None of them turned to face me, they just stood their ground and not move an inch. Finally, Jamie turned around and took a few steps towards me. 

     "You are not my friend. Where is my friend?" What was she talking about? I'm here! "She does not hangout with Deana and blonde hot guys. She does not wear skirts, she wears jeans. She was fun, she is not emotional and depressed." She was right. 

     "What happened to you?" Neil looked at me. "You used to be hot and cool." 

     "She's not Alison." Jamie spat as all of them faded away and I drowned in darkness.

     I quickly sat up on my bed and gasped, inhaling oxygen into my lungs. It was just a dream, it was just a dream. No, it was a horrible nightmare. My friends wouldn't do that to me, would they? Could I even call them my friends anymore? I looked outside my window and realized it was already evening. I checked the time and realized I had an hour before Jason arrived. 

     Instead of wasting anymore time, I threw on a pair of jeans and a hoodie. My hair was a little messy so I used my fingers to rake through my hair. I slipped my phone into my pocket before getting out of my room. Just as I exit the room, Deana came out of her's at the same time. 

     "My cousin told me." She looked me in the eye as she said. "That you ditched him at the park and came back. And that now you're going to the airport to meet Jason. Your friends are right, what's going on with you?" Deana folded her arms and shook her head in disapproval. 

      "I don't know..." I really didn't. I turned away and quickly left the building, telling myself not to stop. I checked the time on my watch again and realized I only had forty minutes left. A cab stopped in front of me and a familiar face appeared. 

     "Sweetie, get in." It was the female driver that drove me back to the penthouse. "You look like you're in a hurry, I suggest you hop in." She was right. I quickly got in and told her to drive me to the airport. Once the cab was moving, I leaned back at my seat and exhaled deeply, relieved. "Wanna tell me what's wrong? I know it's not my place to know, you don't need to tell me if you don't want to." She gave me a warm smile, reminding me of my mother.