Chapter 13: Sabotaged

So this chapter made me a little mad. But at the same time I enjoyed writing it, knowing that it would make you guys frustrated :D 

- Jackie 

Chapter 13: Sabotaged

Alison

    "Myra dear, could you please pass the salt?" Mrs Carter smiled at Myra warmly. Myra gave rolled her eyes at me and gave a sickly sweet smile to Mrs Carter before passing the salt to her. All throughout the dinner, my thoughts were constantly wondering whether I should just leave or tolerate the fact that Myra was hating me. Jason seems to be enjoying having her around though. I knew he was just being nice to the new girl and all, but couldn't he tell that Myra was obviously taking his kindness as flirting? Well, now I understood why Myra looked like she didn't like Deana. 

     All of a sudden, Myra's phone went off and she excused herself from the table. She went to the kitchen to talk while the rest of us were at the table. I tried to look at Jamie, but she wouldn't even glance at my direction. What was her problem? She wasn't the one who had her heart ripped into a million pieces. She wasn't the one who Myra was hating on. She didn't know anything! John gave me a sympathic look from accross the table. 

     "It's okay." I mouthed to him. He didn't look convinced, but he simply nodded anyway. Myra joined us again at the table and sat back at her seat beside Jason. 
     "What's the call about, Myra?" Mrs Carter questioned. She shrugged and answered, "Oh, just some friends of mine wanted to take care of...something." She looked at me as she said those few words. I didn't know why, but I had a bad feeling about it. 

     "Oh, girl problems. Alison dear, did you know Myra's family has their own family company? The Hart Enterprise. Wow!" I knew Mrs Carter was just trying to start a conversation between me and Myra, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. So Myra came from a filthy rich family too, huh? I was about to excuse myself from the table, but the doorbell rang. 

     "I'll get it!" Mrs Carter went to the door, happily. When she came back, her smile wasn't there as she faced me and said, "A blonde friend of yours is looking for you. Keith Westwood?" A smile made it's way to my lips as I happily excused myself from the table and dashed to the front door. 

     "Keith!" I grinned when I found him standing there with a box in his hand. "What are you doing here? I meant, how did you know I was here?" 
     "Your other neighbour told me you were having dinner with the Carters. Hope I'm not interrupting?" He gave me a sheepish smile. Oh, he was so cute! "Well, I found this on my front door, I couldn't really keep it so I thought maybe you would want him." Him?

     Keith opened the box, revealing a golden retriever puppy. It looked about two weeks old, so it was really tiny and cute. "Aw! It's adorable! Of course, I'll keep it!" I loved dogs, I wanted one since I was a little girl but mom told me that keeping a dog was a huge responsibility and that I should save up money to get one. The puppy blinked it's eyes at me as it licked my nose. "Thank you, Keith. It's adorable." I took the box from his hand and said goodbye before shutting the door.

     When I went back to the dining area, the others were staring at me with confusion. "What?" I asked them.
     "Why did Keith want to meet you? And what's in the box?" Jason pointed at the box.
     I slowly placed the box down and carried the puppy out of the box. A few gasps came from the table and a few 'aw' was heard. "Keith gave you a puppy? That's really nice of him." Jason commented in an emotionless voice.