Chapter 17: Memories and flashbacks

• Dedicated to You awesome readers :)

Heyy! So this chapter made me a little bit sentimental. The reason why I updated quickly was because I have to take a break from Wattpad for ONE WEEK. Yeah, I would be busy, but I promise that I will update you guys with a long chapter when I get back. It's a promise. 

- Jackie

~~

Chapter 17: Memories and flashbacks

Alison

    I sighed as I re-read the text for the thousandth time. Why did he even text me that? I threw my iPhone on the bed as I got up, ready to take a shower. I took my time with showering, knowing that the others wouldn't be up after an hour. You know how people say that people actually think about stuff when they shower? That was what I was doing, thinking about how I've foolishly fell for two guys. 

     I heard a knock on the door of the bathroom so I turned the shower off and asked who was it.

     "It's me." I heard Keith's voice at the other side of the door. 

     "You're up already?" I was actually surprised to find him awake at this hour. 

     "I found the bed empty so I went to look for you." 

     "Well, I woke up and decided to shower." I said as I picked up a brush and started combing out the knots in my hair. 

     "Let's get some coffee. We have a whole day to have fun." I stopped brushing my hair and looked at myself in the mirror. I should be happy that I was going to spend a whole day with Keith, but why was I feeling so...empty all of a sudden? The usual happiness in my eyes weren't there at all. 

     "Sure, Keith. Just give me five minutes to get ready." 

     Pleased with my answer, he went away, leaving me alone. Exiting the bathroom, I quickly went to my room and put on some clothes. I didn't really bother wearing nice clothes to impress Keith. I didn't bother to wear make-up either. If Keith wanted me to go have fun with him, he would have to deal with my makeup-less face. 

      Keith was already waiting for me by the time I got out from my room. He was wearing a blue shirt and jeans. It was still early and I wasn't even sure if the others were up yet. 

      As both of us exit the building, a thought came to me. My iPhone was still in my room, I've forgotten to bring it along with me. I cursed under my breath and tried to reassure myself that it was alright. That I could survive a day without it and that I could use Keith's if there was any emergency. Instead of calling a cab, Keith insisted that we walked again. Like how we did last night. 

     He brought me to an empty cafe. I was actually surprised that it was open at this hour. The waitress there smiled at us as we entered and sat a booth. She handed us a menu and left us. I scanned the menu for drinks since I wasn't hungry yet.

      "But you're always hungry." I gasped as I remembered something Jason said a few years ago.

~Flashback~

    I've just got my heart broken by a guy that I've went out with for a few days. I knew it was too good to be true. There was no one out there that was for me. I was crying in a cafe I usually went to when I was having bad days. One thing I loved about the place was that not many came here so it made it easier for me to ease my mind. I ordered my usual hot chocolate special and let it cool on the table as I stared out the window, wishing that it stopped raining. Most bad things happened when it rains.