Chapter 31: Wedding Cancelled

Falling in love is the single most expressive feeling a person can have. Losing that love suddenly, can be the most painful feeling a person can have.

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Keith

         After following Myra’s directions, I finally spotted her house and parked right in front of it. Instead of getting out the car, she just sat in the passenger seat and hung her head low. I saw a few drops of tears falling to her hands. “I’m sorry.” She apologized before quickly getting out of the car, running towards her house.

          I looked at her running away from my car. She didn’t even look back, I didn’t even have the chance to ask her if she was alright. I didn’t even understood why she apologized when she didn’t even do anything. I wanted to text her to ask if she was alright, but then I remembered I didn’t have her number.

          “Shoot.”

         Then my mind wandered off to Alison and Jason again. The whole thing about the wedding was slowly breaking their relationship. Alison’s a sweet girl and she didn’t deserve to be forced into marrying someone who she didn’t love. If Mrs Walker wasn’t going to listen to her daughter, I’m sure my father and her would listen to me.

          “I am so glad you called the both of us, son. Do you want to plan a wedding date?” My father grinned proudly at me while I was trying to think of ways to talk to them. I made sure Alison wasn’t home when I did this. Mrs Walker looked at me, excited.

          “Actually, I want to cancel the wedding.” The smiles on their faces disappeared almost immediately. My father stood up from his seat, looking like he was about to burst like a volcano. Mrs Walker, on the other hand, looked like she was disappointed in me.

          “We’re doing this for your own good, Keith. You’re going to take over my company and that is final.”

          “What if I won’t take over your company? What if I don’t want to be like you?” I emphasized on the ‘you’ because I knew that he and my mother were married because of an arranged marriage. If he was thinking of repeating what my grandparents did to him, then he was wrong. My mother had cried herself to sleep multiple times at night because of what happened years ago. She had tried convincing my father that arranging a marriage between me and Alison wasn’t right, but he wouldn’t listen.

          “You-you ungrateful person. I gave you everything! I-“

          “You took away any opportunity for me to fall in love myself.” I said, cutting his sentence off. “The wedding is cancelled. Don’t ruin Alison and Jason’s relationship. In fact, don’t even try getting involved in it.” For some reason, the whole time I was thinking of Myra. How she was right when she said falling in love for real was rare.

         Without letting them both to have a say, I turned around and marched out of the house, not looking back.