Chapter 23: No More Secrets

• Dedicated to All you awesome readers :3

Hey peeps! So as promised, I'll upload this chapter. Anyways, if you're into an emotional romance story, then do check out my new story, "It's Called Love". The main character is a player, but the story isn't one of those stories where the girl hates the player or where the player is best friends with the girl. Just give it a chance ;) 

Oh and 29 votes for this chapter, and I'll upload the next one! :D

__________________________________________________________

Alison

The alarm from my phone started beeping and I groaned, realizing it was six in the morning. What was I doing so early in the morning, you ask? Well, I was in my boyfriend's house and I had school in an hour. So I better sneak back into my house and change my clothes for school. I slowly untangled the sheets from me and glanced at Jason's sleeping face once more. 

His brown hair was messy, some of them were falling all over his forehead. It was so frustrating how boys could look cute even when they have messy hair while we girls look like freaks with messy hair. I leaned in to Jason and gave him a kiss on the forehead before rushing off downstairs. It was odd walking around the house without seeing his parents or even hearing their voices. 

I shivered when the cool air hit me outside. I frowned, looking at the fliers scattered around the lawn. I clearly remembered that the fliers weren't around when I came here last night. Plus I knew the Carters' never leave anything on the lawn that would make the place look like filth. I pulled Jason's shirt tighter around me as I went to take a look of the flier. 

A gasp escaped my lips as I found a photo-shopped picture of Keith and I holding hands. There was a writing under it saying "Arranged marriage? Who does that anymore?!" My feet buckled beneath me as I fell to my knees and stared at the flier. I looked at the houses around me and found fliers on their lawn. What would mom think if she saw the fliers? Would she blame it on me? After all, she knew that I was the one who was against the wedding the most. 

I threw the flier in my hand and dashed to my house. Instead of entering from the front door, I decided to enter from the back. If anyone caught my in the kitchen, I could just say I was hungry and decided to make breakfast early. If anyone asked why I was in Jason's clothes, I'll just say it was a best friend thing. After all, everyone was still keeping my relationship with him a secret from mom. 

"Honey, what are you wearing?" I was almost at the stairs when I heard mom calling me. She folded her arms and gave me a look of disbelief as she glanced at the clothes I was wearing. "Why are you in Jason's clothing?" she asked me as she came closer to me. "And why do you smell like him?" She sniffed my hair and gave me a disgusted look. 

"He's...my best friend. What's wrong with that? I used to wear his clothes all the time, remember?" It was true though. I had wore Jason's clothes multiple times in the past and mom never seemed to be appalled by that. I didn't think she would care now. 

"Yes, Alison. But that was before you're engaged to Keith." The way she said it was like the whole wedding wasn't arranged by her. Anger boiled inside me when I realized what mom meant. That I should stay away from Jason and any other male that wasn't Keith. How could she do that? Even though she was my mother, she still had no right to tell me to stay away from anyone. 

"What happened to you? What happened to my mom who told me to fall in love with the person I choose when I was younger? Mom, you used to say that I would end up with Jason just because he's the closest guy to me. What changed that?" I narrowed my eyes at her. I knew that if mom and I continued this little arguement at the stairs, everyone would wake up and find out what was going on. 

"Are you...are you in love with Jason?" Mom's voice was almost a whisper as shock registered on her face. 

"It doesn't matter if I am or not! I want to be able to find my own love!" At the corners of my eyes, I spotted Jamie staring at the both of us with her mouth open. Mom must have saw her too because she cleared her throat and excused herself before leaving me at the stairs. After watching her walking into the kitchen, I sank to my knees and hugged them to my chest. 

I felt Jamie wrapped her arms around me and hugged me like how we used to do when one of us were feeling down. "I'm sorry for ignoring you..I didn't know you were going through so much. I'm such a bad friend, I should have been there for you, instead I made you feel worse." A small smile formed on my lips as I got my friend back. 

"It's okay, Jamie. I don't hold grudges." 

"That's it, we're going to your room and you're gonna tell me everything. Starting from when you ignored us at the beach house." I sighed, it was a long story and I had to tell Jamie everything. "Jason's clothes look cute on you by the way." 

--

"So are you going to say yes?" Jamie asked me, rolling on my bed.

"Say yes to what?"

"Being cheer captain. I think it would be cool. That Myra girl sounds horrible." 

"She IS horrible and I'm not sure. Do you think I should? I mean, be cheer captain." 

Jamie rolled off the bed and gave me a look of disbelief. "You're asking me? Of course you should say yes. Jason being the football captain...you being the cheer captain...that would be perfect!" She shook me by my shoulders. "Anyway, go change. We'll be late for school if we don't leave in five minutes." 

With that, she left me in my room as she went off to change her clothes. 

--

You know that moment when you just knew everyone was talking about you? Yeah that was what I was feeling right then as I walked through the hallways with my friends behind me. Jason and I decided to continue playing along the 'best friends' card. My friends told me that they wouldn't leave me the whole day which somehow touched me because of their protectiveness. 

The first place we went to was my locker. Like I expected, one of the fliers I've seen earlier was glued on my locker. "Well well, Alison. Marrying the rich cute boy at such a young age? Wow." I heard Myra's annoying high-pitched voice behind me. I whirled around and gave her a tired look. "I bet my girls and I would love to be at the wedding." Her girls? Oh so they didn't tell her that I've accepted being the new cheer captain, then? 

One of the cheerleaders, Gwen, overheard Myra and went over to me. "Actually, Alison is our new cheer captain." She gave Myra 'the look' and gave her a fake smile. "She's nicer, friendlier, smarter and definitely prettier." At this point, Gwen's fake smile was gone too as she scowled at Myra. 

"Enough, Gwen. Myra, I also one you to know one thing. If you ever try to mess with Deana or me or any of my other friends, I want you to know that mean girls never ever win. And you my dear, are a mean girl." 

_____________________________________________________

Yeap this chapter is short, but that's 'cause I've saved the good parts for the next chapter :3 So jamie and alison are back to being friends, now we can have the juicy girl secrets coming into the next few chapters. 

29 votes till the next chapter, lovelies!

Check out "It's Called Love" :) 

xx