Chapter 5: A Turn Of Events

Hey guys, so...this won't be like Ms Nerd and Mr Jock, it's going to be DIFFERENT. But I can promise you guys that it would be much more nicer and interesting than that story. 'Cause Ashley wrote that when she was only twelve. 

Jackie xx

~~

Chapter 5: A Turn Of Events

Jason

    It was the second day of school and she had not notice me yet. Yesterday I was about to say 'hi' to her, but she was always busy running to the auditorium and back to the class. When she wasn't practicing with her band, she was in class. When she wasn't in class, she was with her band. 

     The blonde girl I've seen yesterday asked me if I wanted to attend her party. I wanted to say yes because not everyone was lucky enough to be invited to a party on their first day of school. It was surprising actually. But when I found out she had invited everyone but Alison, the brunette girl, I quickly said no. 

Alison

     As promised, the next day Jason went back to being a jerk. Eventhough I should've expected it, but it was still weird to watch my ex-best friend doing those jerk-ish things. He could have give me a ride to school with his car, but all he did was letting me walk all the way. I was actually quite pissed when I found out he gave a ride for Deana. 

     As usual, I met up with Matt and Jamie at the school gate. Except today, there was no smiling faces. Just frowning faces. My expression was nothing but confusion as I walked up to them. Jamie was fiddling with her necklace as Matt kept on looking at his shoe. 

     "What's wrong guys?" 

     "They're thinking of abolishing the music club." What?! I looked at their faces in horror. The music club had always consisted of three members; Matt, Jamie and myself. The only reason why no one else ever joined the music club too was because they were scared of being hated by Deana. Deana hated absolutely anyone who joined the music club because I was the president of the club. There were chances for the club to be abolished, but ever since the three of us formed a band, Mrs Owens decided that the music club would just stay. 

     "Why did they decided this all of a sudden?" 

     "I have no idea. They're going to hold an assembly about it in fifteen minutes. So I suggest we get to the auditorium right now." Matt said. Jamie and I comforted each other and told each other that we were going to be fine. The club was going to be fine. 

     As we entered the auditorium, hundreds of students were already there, taking their seats. As members of the music club, my friends and I made our way to the front row and took our seats. The hall was filled with whispers. I even heard a girl whispering her opinion on the music club. Apparently, she agreed of abolishing it. Was everyone else thinking the same thing too? 

     Mrs Owen sat down next to Matt and they started up a conversation. Eventually the auditorium became silent and Mrs Owen went up to the stage and spoke through the microphone. "Morning students." Everyone muttered back a 'good morning' before she continued. 

     "As everyone know, a student has suggested that the music club of Nathanville High to be abolished due to lack of members in it. Before we pass the bucket around and let everyone vote, the student has requested a chance to give a speech on why the music club should be abolished. Deana, please come up to the stage." Deana Taylor. I should've known she was behind all this. My friends gave me 'the look' and turned their eyes to the stage and continued to glare at the blonde girl on the stage.

     She gave a sickenly sweet smile to everyone before grabbing the microphone from Mrs Owen's hand. "Hello, Nathanville High!" She greeted the school. Most of the students who adored her responded back with a shout and some even waved. "Well, as you all know, the music club only consist of three members. Alison Walker, Jamie Pierce and Matt Toller. I was actually wondering. Why not we just abolish the club and let them join in one of our clubs? The ones with more people?  Oh and by the way Alison, the chess club could use you too." She snickered. Half of the school laughed with her. 

     Mrs Owen grabbed the microphone from her and ordered her to get back to her seat. "Now we'll have the president of the music club to have a say in this before we proceed to the voting." Mrs Owen gave me a warm smile before handing me the microphone. I took a deep breath and looked at every face in the auditorium. I could see many people frowning, many people giving me encouraging smiles, many people giving me a thumbs up. I needed to say something that would really save the club. 

     "So, I'm Alison Walker, the president of the music club. I just wanna say that there is no need to abolish this club. Plus, if you do, you can't hear anymore songs from the band." I paused. No, that was not what the club needed. "I'll make a deal. If I could have four students to join my club, the club shall not be abolished." 

     "You have a deal, Ms Walker." Mrs Owen smiled at me. Of course she accepted it, I was her best student. 

     "Anyone out there would like to join me?" My eyes searched the crowd. 

     "I'll join!" A boy from my Bio class stood up and winked. I think his name was John or something. 

     Jay and Neil who was sitting beside him stood up as well and grinned at me. "Alison is hot! Why won't anyone join her?" Neil commented, making me slightly blush a bit. I hadn't realize Deana was standing next to me until she scoffed. 

     "Looks like you're missing one person, Alison." 

     "No she's not." I stood there, stunned. I knew that voice anywhere. Jason stood up and smirked. "I can play the guitar." 

     "Sit down, Jason." Deana ordered through gritted teeth. 

     "No."

     "Yes, you will."

     "I won't until Allie Cat tells me to."