Chapter 12: Dinner With The Carters

Adding a new character to the story! :D Have fun hating her loving her ;) 

- Jackie 

Chapter 12: Dinner With The Carters

Alison

    We were going to be late to class, but we stayed at the bathroom anyways to clean up Deana's smeared make-up. Her shirt was stained with mascara so I borrowed her my extra T-shirt. Her skirt was fine so we didn't do anything to it. I combed her hair back to it's beautiful self and applied make-up on her face. Deana sure did suit the natural look. 

     "Do you think he cheated on me?" Deana whispered. She looked completely empty as she stared at herself in the mirror. I wanted to say no, that he didn't. But how could I denied it? I was there when I saw him and Sapphire kissed. So instead of answering her, I just gave a long sigh. "That's what I thought." She was no longer crying though, she just looked sad and empty. 

     "I'm sorry for being a b*tch to you. I was jealous that you had the same amount of attention I was getting." She gave a faint smile. "Maybe we could start over. I'm tired of acting like a queen bee to everyone anyways." I raised an eyebrow at her. 

     "What do you mean by 'acting'?" 
     "Can't you tell I was acting? I'm the only child, I'm a rich girl, I don't have real friends. The only way for people to not use me was by being intimidating. You, obviously don't find me intimidating." She turned to look at me as she said the last line. It was the first time I saw Deana actually trying to smile at me.
     "So you never hated me?" I asked her.
     "Jealous? Yes. Hate? No, definitely no." She smiled after I applied a light pink lip gloss on her. For the first time ever, Deana looked decent and beautiful.

     "I have Science later." She said, and I knew what she meant. She knew I had Science at the same period as her and she wanted to sit with me. I nodded and started packing up my stuff.

~~

      As the both of us entered the class, I realized we were being stared by multiple shocked faces. Jamie and Matt, who were sitting at the last row, was starring at me like I've done something really stupid. Jamie even mouthed at me 'What the heck?'. I shrugged at her and sat down next to Deana. For the first time, she was actually giving a genuine smile to everyone. The boys who usually gave her lustful looks, gave her a genuine look of admiration. 

     "Thank you, Alison." I heard Deana whispered to me before Mr Holland entered the class. 

     "Class, I've just recieved news from the principal. There would be two new students in our school. So just be nice to Keith Westwood and Myra Hart." At the mention of their names, Keith and Myra entered through the door. Keith was waving and smiling at everyone, but Myra just stood there scanning the room. When her eyes landed on Deana, she frowned before making her way to the empty seat on my right. 

     "Okay class, flip to the new chapter we're going to learn about and do some silent reading before I explain." Mr Holland said before getting out from the class. No one in class dared to defy his orders so instead of talking out loud or making noise, whispers were the only thing that could be heard.