Chapter 31

* * *

At the Parbenon where she stayed, Christian really gave Hilise everything she needed.

All of the beautiful, warm, and affectionate things in the world she had ever experienced for the first time were from Christian.

She was happy enough to tear up.

But when she suddenly thought of Inoaden, she felt anxious.

She believed Christian's words that he had obtained her father's permission, but she was still uncomfortable because it was the first time she has been away from the mansion for such a long time.

So she hesitated and said that she would stop and return to Inoaden.

But Christian, contrary to his promise, did not let Hilise out of the Parvenon.

In fact, she did not know until very later, that he was lying when he said he had obtained Diego's permission.

Naturally, in Inoaden, he somehow tried to bring Hilise back.

He had no choice , because without Hilise, he couldn't put Ricardo to be his successor.

However, they did not reveal that Hilise had an awakening, and that was rather the cause for the Parbenon.

They offered to speak directly with Hilise, but that was dismissed by Cristian.

In the process, friction arose between the two families.

Christian didn't tell the anxious Hilise anything, he just said she didn't need to worry.

Then he hid her deeper in his arms.

Hilise followed him and closed her eyes and closed her ears.

It was like an escape in a sense.

For the first time in her life, Hilise was drunk with the comfort she felt and relied more and more on Christian.

It was nice to say that she really devoted her blind affection, as she did with her family.

So some time has passed.

It wasn't just a separate ceremony, but by that time Christian and Hilise were almost married.

From that time on, Christian's gaze toward Hilise began to become annoyed little by little.

The more she did, the more she looked at Christian's glance, and she acted more cautiously not to go against him, and Christian looked at her as if he was bored with her.

Then one fall night.

Hilise couldn't sleep, so she left the room with a gown over her pajamas.

As her relationship with Christiane wasn't the same for the first time, she began to suffer from insomnia.

So, on nights where she couldn't fall asleep so easily, she often went for walks alone.

She was so like usual she walked through a quiet hallway and passed through a room that was lit up.

"I can't do this, in a sense, she's a stupid girl than Gabriel."

The familiar voice of her heard from within it, and her steps stopped by itself.

As I glanced through the door where the lights were leaking, I saw Christian sitting with a glass in his hand.

"Well, it wouldn't change people just because they suddenly had an illusion that they didn't have. Still, I didn't know it would be annoying to this extent."

"Isn't that poor person? She's blind to Christian like that. Even if it's annoying, be kind to her."

"Even if you don't have the patience and the patience you don't have, you're giving them all kindly."