Chapter 43

"Sister, have all the guests returned?"

After the four people left Innoaden's mansion, Gabriel sneaked up.

I ignored her and headed to my room.

Gabriel was chasing after me to see if there was still anything left to say.

"They came here because of what happened at the ball in Kalykia, right? I would have wished I also attended at that time."

A voice filled with regret was pressed behind the light footsteps.

"But why did the head of Bergett come?"

Gabriel asked a desperate question from behind me.

She was a little peculiar.

Since there have been various things in the mansion, she has been eager to see me, but at times like this, she didn't seem to be very afraid of me.

"Whenever I see him, I feel sad. My eyes didn't stop before, but it was creepy at the moment. Is it because the atmosphere is so cold?"

Gabriel, who followed me by my side, shuddered, saying so.

I thought Axion was a little scary when I was young, so it wasn't that Gabriel's reaction was not understood.

Then suddenly I remembered what I had forgotten for a moment.

"There is another thing I want to check with Miss Innoaden."

Then it turned out that I couldn't hear what Axion was trying to check with me.

Well, seeing that Axion has just returned, it seems that it wasn't very important.

"Oh! The one that older sister was holding! Isn't that the kid that has the ability of a Kalykia?"

Gabrielle, who chatted a few more words, raised her voice as if she suddenly remembered something she forgot.

Gabriel, whose stride was shorter than mine, drooped back, moved faster with frequent steps.

She looked at me as she, who came closer to me, twinkled her eyes.

"So, Is he going to be a successor other than Violetta Kalykia?"

She was making the expression of dying because she was curious.

The rivalry that Gabriel had with Violetta was something I knew very well.

So now she easily guessed this.

She's probably looking forward to Violetta, who was called Princess of Kalykia, being pushed out of her successor rankings.

In any case, for me, it was unpleasant for Gabriel to pay attention to Margot.

So I turned my head back and asked another person who had been following me.

"What is father doing now?"

When I first talked, May opened her mouth with displeasure.

"He's not getting up from his seat yet."

"What about Ricardo?"

"Brother..."

"My brother is in the library right now!"

This time Gabriel was one step faster.

She quickly intercepted May's words and answered me.

"You don't have to worry about her sister because he's been stuck in the library for a few days! If brother bothers sister again, I'll stop him!"