Chapter 64

Osmond tilted his head and whispered to Ricardo.

It would be ridiculous to show unpleasantness here. Ricardo heard the light and pleasant voice without a single shade.

"Yes, I don't care."

Ricardo answered casually as if what happened a little while ago had done him no harm.

But it wasn't like that to the core. Osmond smiled at Ricardo as if he knew what Ricardo was feeling.

After that, the scenery of the meeting flowed similarly to other times.

After a while, however, the flow of conversation turned again towards Inoaden.

"Come to think of it, Miss Hillise has yet to be engaged."

('If I knew this would happen, I'd have been close in advance.' 'Well, it's not too late now.')
*** c/n: these are people around whispering ***

"I think so."

"Okay, Ricardo, I'd like to meet Miss Hillise in person next time, can you arrange a meeting for me?"

Ricardo's eyes hardened. Something has changed. Usually it is Ricardo who was always the center of the conversation between them. Now, of course, it was the Innoaden who was still the talk of the town, his sister, Hillise.

In addition, it was difficult to explain exactly, but everyone's attitude toward Ricardo was also slightly different from before. Ricardo grabbed the glass in front of him, feeling alert to the changes that touch his skin.

He felt as if a cool chill was creeping through his back. No wonder it's as cold as it comes into his stomach. He's starting to lose it. "Hillise... ..with such a position."
Ricardo said, pulling his lips. But he, himself wasn't sure if he was smiling naturally now.

"Hmm, yeah? But she listens to everything you say, doesn't she?"

"It's no good having friends. Can't you talk to me and persuade me?"

"Right, I'm just saying let's say hello lightly. We don't even know each other in the first place."

Everything that was extremely familiar and natural, as if it had been made for him since he was born, suddenly began to feel strange and uncomfortable. Something was off but he couldn't figure out what the hell it was and if there was a way to get it back to normal.

In that sense of separation, Ricardo did nothing but keep his seat with an awkward smile on his face. That day, Ricardo returned home ahead of schedule. People at the meeting grabbed him a few times but let him go at Osmond's glance, who was leaving with a stiffer face than when he first came. Returning to Innoaden, he immediately entered his room with a chill and did not show up until night.

* * *

May visited Hillise even though she was not asked to do so, and talked about the situation of returning to the mansion, including Diego's and Ricardo's movements while serving the evening.

She was quite serious about whether she thought she was in charge of 'Hillise's secret affair.' She sat leaning back on the sofa and listened to May. She was looking at the letters ahead of her for some reason. The piles of invitations were overwhelming.

She can't believe there are so many letters. She didn't know which family it was from, but it was worth saying they were quick. The hand that was handing over the envelope stopped after a while. The name she was looking for finally caught her eyes.

Heliona Amelie.

The youngest daughter of Amelie, one of the highest families under the Parthenon.
She was the fiancee of Osmond Maribel, who was also the closest of Ricardo's friends.
It wasn't May's who told her. Rather Hilise had already figured out where Ricardo went today.