Chapter 63

The two had a brief chat about how they were doing while they were not seeing each other these days. Violletta suddenly spoke up and asked.
"Come to think of it, it's the first time you've met one person separately like today. Are you planning on choosing Vincent? He's a good guy."
In fact, Cordelia thinks that was a waste. Vincent, of course, was a cousin of Violletta's, too, but...that was a different case.
"I... want you to make the happiest choice, whoever your partner is."
After a little hesitation, Violetta added.
"In a year, in a decade, in a lot more time than that, you should have no regrets. People who can respect and love each other more than anyone else."

Cordelia suddenly thought.
(I was saying it carefully because I know who it is.)

In fact, she could never pretend to know this because she saw it with the eyes of Kalicia of Violletta. Kalicia's eyes were not necessarily used to discern truth and lies. In addition, she was not always able to control herself, and sometimes she could look inside someone at will regardless of her intentions. That's why she got to know Cordelia's mind.

Cordelia, who would not know that, replied lightly, unaware of the weight contained in Violletta's words.

"That's right. It's not confirmed yet. I'm going to think carefully."

Violletta, too, just smiled and playfully said,
"Yeah, I'll be there anyway. If you don't have a partner, just throw everything else away and we'll get married. Let's do it."
Then Cordelia laughed.

She didn't smile as brightly as she did when she was young, but she folded the ends of her eyes.
*** pr/n: basically like an eye smile ***
Looking at it, Violeta pulled up her lips and now smiled with a different face. It's a natural age for that now.

"How's Miss Hillise? I heard you were in Kalicia today?

"Yes, did Vincent tell you that?"

"No, it was Karin."

"Ahhhh."

Violeta thought for a moment and then came clean.

"In fact, I want to be friends."

"Oh, my."

Cordelia's eyes opened round. She was genuinely a little surprised.

It was a moment when Cordelia was truly curious about the new heir of Inoaden, who captivated the demanding princess of Kalicia.

Cordelia recalled the images of Hillise Inoaden, who she saw at Violletta's birthday ball and in the shop's wardrobe not long ago. And then she understood.

In the past, she seemed to have changed after awakening, and Violetta deserved to like her. A strange smile came to Cordelia's face.

"No, I think I'm a little jealous now."

"Really? Actually, I already thought you would be jealous."

Violeta responded with a Bolmen accent mixed with laughter and whining.
Cordelia was the only one who she can open up to like this other than her mother, Renee.

Violletta has had personal relationships with Axion since she was quite young.
But her relationship with him is more like a colleague or a comrade than an open-minded friend.

"I wonder how the celebration will be in the near future. Tell me when you get back."

Only four families were to attend the succession celebration of the four major families. So, people from 52 different families, including Cordelia, were not allowed to enter the banquet hall that day. Violletta gently loosened her lips, recalling Hillise who she had met earlier.