Chapter 39

M-tled by amaryllis0

I didn't feel any other people now, but soon people from other families would come to attend the meeting.

His paused pace moved towards Hilise.

Without hesitation, Christian took off the outer garment he was wearing and wrapped it around Hilise.

The coat drooping under her shoulders was dragged to the floor, but he seemed to care nothing about it.

The hair of Hilise pressed under her outerwear and the hand that pulled Hilisee's hair out again was very delicate.

Yet, the feeling was extremely plain, and it was surprising on the one hand that it didn't feel groaning.

"Why are you doing this alone here? Your hair is dragging on the floorㆍㆍㆍ"

A sweet voice rang softly in her ear.

Christian lowered his body with one knee on the floor in line with Hilise' gaze, as he did at Inoaden's mansion last time.

As if he was concerned about getting her hair dirty, that it didn't matter if his clothes were dirty.

The eye-level became similar, and the faces facing each other came into view more clearly.

Until a while ago, it was a face like the spring sun, which I can't believe was a person who had a cold face like an ice sheet.

Thruk.

Christian looked down at Hilise's hair that had drooped to the floor, and soon grabbed a handful of it and slowly curled it around his hand.

His gaze lingered for a while as her reddish hair slipped between his fingers.

"Your hair is more reddish."

An itchy whisper and touch continued.

"It suits you well."

Cristian's eyes, falling, were also reddish, similar to her hair.

"Christian Parbenon."

Hilise, who had a short glance at the sparkling eyelashes above it, lifted her mouth.

"I won't be engaged to you, so don't waste your time."

Christian's red eyes lifted upwards in a silent voice ringing in his ears.

The two pairs of eyes faced closely.

Christian looked inside the cold gold, which seemed to be in winter, then slowly closed and opened his eyes.

"It's weird. Why are you so sureㆍㆍㆍ."

Voice-like self-talk stuck in her ears.

"If Inoaden awakens, does her personality change? It's a little strange because in the Parbenon it's not handed down through awakening."

From the front, a piece of white sunlight was embedded in the eyes containing Hilise, giving it a more vivid glow.

"I love you very much now."

If it had been someone else who was here now, it would have been faint blushing of the cheeks or at least a small sway in the eyes of Christianity.

"Sorry, but I hate you."

However, Hilise was still unfamiliar with his words, as if he had no influence.

"Why?"

Christian couldn't help but ask why.

"Not long ago, you looked at me with eyes that seemed to be dreaming."

Hearing as if she couldn't understand, Hilise stood up.