𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

911!

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝙥𝙤𝙫𝗧he soft humming of Kiaras ukulele and the crinkling of the fire was the only noise that could be heard

𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝗽𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝙥𝙤𝙫
𝗧he soft humming of Kiaras ukulele and the crinkling of the fire was the only noise that could be heard.

Pope leaned back on the log. "Hey, guys. So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?"

"Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed." JJ looked at John B.

John B huffed and began talking. "You ready for this?"

"Yeah." Aria sat up with her legs crossed.

"So, the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant." John B started.

Pope groaned and shook his head no. "Oh, my God. Here we go again with this."

JJ stood next to John B, waving for Pope to shut up and let him finish. "No.All right, wait. Hear him out, all right?"

"It's been here the whole time. It's on the island." John B finished, pulling his backpack.

"Are you serious?" Aria slapped her palms over her mouth.

"I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope raised his hand, earning a slight shove from Aria.

"I'm sure you would, Pope, but can I please present you with my evidence, sir?" John B unzipped his backpack.

"Proceed." Kie set her instrument down.

"All right. So, in my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny." He pulled out a old piece of paper.

"Who the hell's that?" Pope asked. "Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck." Aria said confidently.

"Check this out." JB handed it over to the three.

"Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad, he found the complete manifest. That was his big discovery. So Tanny used the gold from the Merchant to buy his freedom.
After that, he bought his farm." John B explained.

"Drumroll, please, because that farm is..." John B ordered the group. The four of them slapped their knees waiting for the answer.

"Tannyhill Plantation." JB smiled wide.

"Tannyhill?" Aria spoke in utter shock.

"Yeah. So, after that, he used his money to free even more slaves, and then he sold a shit-ton of rice, which pisses off all the white planters, and then they decide to lynch him. So on the day they were coming to get him, he writes a letter to his son as a farewell, and in the last line of that letter, he leaves a coded message about where to find the gold." John B pointed to the letter.