Chapter 17: Stay the Night

"Is there a scarlet letter on your chest already?" Derek quipped looking at Meredith intently.

A couple of days passed since their talk during which they reached a certain agreement but she was still very reluctant to show up with him in public. Right now they were walking by the main road to Cristina's inn for lunch and he could clearly see she was tense, and not good tense. Her eyes were roving sending sideways glances at everyone they passed.

"Because I can take it off your chest," he continued humorously. "I can take it all off your chest."

"I bet you can," she giggled, relaxing her shoulders a little. "But there's no scarlet letter. We're not like that. We don't judge."

"We?" he raised his eyebrow. "You mean they?"

"I mean we. I live here, this is my place. I belong here. I'm not suddenly an outsider because we have this thing going."

"Okay? So why are you so stressed out that we're walking together?"

"Derek, no one would judge me if they knew we're... having sex," she said lowering her voice. "It's just... they would know."

"They would know?"

"They would know we're doing... something..." she finished lamely.

"And that would make us more concrete, wouldn't it?" he probed gently. "It's not really about what they think. It's about how you'd see us through their eyes. It's not going to change a thing, Meredith."

"I'm starting to think I preferred you as an insensitive idiot," she grumbled, shying her eyes away from his so he didn't see he was right.

"So not true," he chuckled. "You dig me anyway."

"Thanks, Derek. That's just what I meant," she gasped with a smile.

"So, tell me," he began with a self-satisfied tone. "What about sleepovers?"

"Sleepovers?" she frowned.

"Well, that's a chiefly technical term as I don't see a lot of sleep for us."

"You want to stay for the night?" she asked, suddenly nervous.

"Or you stay for the night," he shrugged. "Same difference. I want to finally see you naked."

"You've seen me naked," she hissed so he was the only person to hear.

"Bits and pieces. I want to see all of you..."

"We can," she cleared her throat feeling the scorching heat of his gaze on her skin, "make the quickie less quick..."

"I don't want a quickie in the office... Okay I do. But I want much more. I want to cum with you all night long in every way it's humanly possible," he declared heatedly, his voice as sensual as silk.

"All night long?" she choked. He knew how to work on her. The graphic imagery was already dancing before her eyes. Every way it was humanly possible...

She carefully avoided his regard pretending she was watching the store windows that they walked by. That was until she passed her patient from a few days back, Mrs. Lawson. The frisky lady sent her and Derek a knowing look and a discreet wink in Meredith's direction.

The latter kept her mouth firmly shut but her cheeks covered in red.

UNDER THE NIGHT SKY

"This is a nice change," Derek remarked with a surprised contentment as Cristina served lunch to both Meredith and him.

"A person who gives my person multiple screaming orgasms is welcome here," quipped Cristina pulling another chair and sitting down with them.

"Cristina!" Meredith hissed at her seeing Derek's grin widen.