Chapter 20: Under the Night Sky

The alarm blared off, loud and clear. Meredith untangled herself from the ivy-like grip of Derek's arms and legs and scurried to the bathroom. She was back fifteen minutes later, damp from the shower and wrapped up in her towel.

"Hey! Get your ass up!" she slapped his buttock and he groaned.

"It's six a.m.," he almost whimpered nuzzling his face into the pillow. She bit her lip. Derek did the nuzzling thing, beside the fucking thing and the cuddling and the humming and the leaning. Oh, and the smiling, and a thousand of other things that drove her crazy. Good crazy. Every day surprised her a little more how everything she initially hated about him changed in her eyes to his advantage.

"It's not six a.m. It's seventeen past six. You tell me you save lives in the OR when you don't even get the sense of passing time?" she quipped.

"I wanna sleep," he murmured disregarding her jab. "Sleep..."

"Where's your inner surgeon clock? Doing forty-eight hour shifts? Pre-rounds? Do you even remember those?"

"Ohhh," he groaned. "Don't remind me. The sole idea is painful at this hour."

"Oh, you are gonna have so much trouble getting back on the horse," she quipped dropping her towel and reaching for her clothes that he had insisted to put into the wardrobe instead of throwing them in a heap on the armchair. Cleaning freak...

His head went up immediately at the sight of her naked body. "Depends on the horse..."

She turned to him otherwise listless, one of her legs in her jeans. "Did you just call me a horse?"

He only grinned, his indigo orbs glued at the level of her bare breasts which bounced up and down as she put on her jeans.

"What if I give you more incentive to get up than just saving lives?" she quirked her eyebrow.

"You think we're going to be saving lives?" he snorted with sheer amusement. "On the Intergalactic March or something?"

"Everything can happen on the Intergalactic March," she shrugged. "It brings out all the crazies. Better than Halloween."

"You were saying something about an incentive...?"

She sent him a full smile as she clasped her bra. "I'm healed..."

"You're healed?" his own smile turned wicked and he was out of bed faster than a lightning.

"Ha, one innuendo and you're up! All up," she commented at his hardening length that was pointing straight at her. Did she mention already that she liked the naked sleeping too?

"I'm all up," he snickered closing on her like a predator on its prey. "Isn't that what you wanted from me?"

"Yeah, now go take your shower," she steered around him pushing on his shoulder blades. She lost the sight of little Derek but still could admire his very shapely ass. "You should probably make it a cold one."

"Oh, come on! You tease!"

"Oh, come on!" she mimicked him. "I gave you an incentive for later. We don't have time now! Get a move on."

"A quickie," he pleaded.

"No time for a quickie. If you had got up with me, we might have had nice time in the shower. Now you'll have to wait for the night. Late night. Because we'll be on our feet all day. Busy busy day."

"Exactly!" he argued. "A long and busy day and you're holding out on sex?"

"I'm not holding out on anything! We just don't have time!"